Mo Boost, Mo Power, Mo 7m : 87 Turbo Supra 7mGTE Full Rebuild + Manual Conver + More

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well yesterday morning the Supra did not start but lucky it was parked in the garage. Right away I noticed I did not hear the fuel pump prime when the key was first turned so I started to diagnose it. Found the fuse I added for the fuel pump was blown. Tested the wiring, had to drop the tank and found a bad factory rivet connection/factory wiring on the positive wire side on the fuel pump hanger:

After going to all local auto parts stores and asking for a electrical bulkhead fitting for the fuel pump hanger (even bringing in the fuel pump hanger) they were all lost and did not know what I was talking about. Final stop at a Ace Hardware and I got all the stainless steel hardware, 12 gauge fuel rated wire, nylon washers with a insert and fuel tank sealer as well for extra insurance. Also got rid of all those factory ground rivets too and put bolts in place with new wiring. Fuel pump primes great now and sounds healthy after the install plus no more blown fuses.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I had to say good bye to my old friend. No one seemed to want a free Supra shell for a project or maybe even a drift build so it was time for it to go. Thanks for the 11 years of reliable transpiration (5 of them being a daily driver as my first car), fun times in heavy snow, car meets, winning and loosing races as well as breaking necks along the way. The next burnout will be dedicated to you.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Ah well. Got to make space!
Maybe someone will see it and steal some parts.

JISupra88

Authorized Seller
Darn. I just moved back to Illinois and have been focused on closing on a house so I havent checked SM for a bit. Definitely could've put that shell to good use.

Guess it wasnt meant to be.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Ah well. Got to make space!
Maybe someone will see it and steal some parts.
The person who was suppose to buy it for $300 pretty much wasted my time for a month since he could never get a place to store it so I stripped it down and sold off mostly everything that was still on it. Now that I have the space I do not know what my next project vehicle will be? I want to build a 2jz and push more power than I currently have for another vehicle but I kinda want a 73-78 GMC MotorHome to update/restore and take on some long trips too. Gotta just wait for the right timing and see what comes up first.

damn I wish I had more space
It did need some bodywork on the rear quarters but it still was a great runner.

Darn. I just moved back to Illinois and have been focused on closing on a house so I havent checked SM for a bit. Definitely could've put that shell to good use.

Guess it wasnt meant to be.
If you wanted to call City Auto Parts in Gurnee,IL they might still have it but it did need some rust repair in the rear quarters. If I had the right tools and a bit of time I would have just fixed up the body rust but the current Supra I have now was just too good of a deal to pass it up. Do you currently have a Supra?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Upgraded the fan clutch earlier this year from a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with the v6. Wanted to see how it handled the Summer heat and it has performed very well. It sounds like a diesel 18 wheeler de-accelerating when you first start it on a cold start up and within 15 seconds back to it's nice normal quiet operation. It pulls tons of air, way more than I could ever remember on any 7m Supra in the past.