Mo Boost, Mo Power, Mo 7m : 87 Turbo Supra 7mGTE Full Rebuild + Manual Conver + More

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Sounds great Ryon!

How much does SP charge for tuning there?

Also how is that Diff holding up for you?
Thanks. To be honest I would give them a call because the price can vary depending on how things are set up or if they run into problems. I know it was $175 a hour for the first 3 tuning hours and then after that the price drops quite a bit. For me tuning was not a issue, it was those t-clamps causing multiple boost leaks as well as blowing off a coupler the first pull and a wastegate that was stuck closed so they only charged me shop time when they addressed those issues. Also if you want a e85 tune that is a separate cost.

The diff is good, I will be getting ready to swap it over to my other Supra here soon along with the rest of the drivetrain, some suspension parts, fuel lines and interior.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Tach likely does not have an input from the stock igniter anymore.

He is running an aftermarket ECU now.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Nice to see a build thread wit lot of pictures that actually work!
What happened to the tach?
Thanks SpecialK. Yes Piratetip is correct. I am no longer running the stock igniter but the ECU Masters standalone does have a tach output. I just need to find the tach signal wire on the body plug which I was messing around with one day but I could not get it working at that time.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks SpecialK. I did try that one black wire a few months ago but for some reason it never worked. I even made sure it had the right output configured but I need to look back into it soon because it would be nice to have a working RPM gauge lol.

SeeUSmile

Authorized Seller
Hey just out of curiosity, I didn't notice in the receipts of any line honing for the main caps, and you had ARP main studs installed. Just wanted to know whether a line hone was done or not. If not though, perhaps we can get away with using ARP main studs w/o a line hone?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hey just out of curiosity, I didn't notice in the receipts of any line honing for the main caps, and you had ARP main studs installed. Just wanted to know whether a line hone was done or not. If not though, perhaps we can get away with using ARP main studs w/o a line hone?
I have not had any issues with my main caps or main bearings and I did not do a line hone. I suggest you double measure everything and check your tolerances either way you decide with ARP hardware or OEM main bolts to see if one is needed or not.