Mk3 with mk4 front cap???

Pikkonslaw

Authorized Seller
I love the mk3 supras but not a fan of the flip up lights so I had an idea. How hard will it be to put a mk4 front cap on a mk3 I think it would look beast. Has anyone seen or heard of this being done? If so are there any tips or pics you can post. I found a front cap for a mk4 for about 2gs and was just wandering if it was an easy swap

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Don't do it. It won't look right at all.

You don't even see the pop ups when there down.

But may I suggest the soarer front end.

Pikkonslaw

Authorized Seller
Looks better than original how hard is that conversion and how hard would it be to find the parts I know nothing about a soarer. If it's easier I might go this route but I love the way the one looks In the pic I posted with the mk4 cap

supalvr

If you want to do it, do it. It is your car, and if it's something that you would like well who are we to stop you. I have had some cars with some weird s^&t done to it and I didn't care what people thought because it was my car.

Authorized Seller
front clip.... its a front clip...

it'd be difficult, I'd start with measurements, and a rad support..

plan on cutting; hood, fenders, bumper to start

I would advise against it

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Apparently, NO ONE here thinks that putting a MkIV front end on a MkIII is a good idea, mainly I suppose, because the two cars has very different/ conflicting design strategies.
BUT, as already mentioned, do what you want to do, it's your car.
As already mentioned, it will require heavy metal work and some fabrication.
As already mentioned it will be difficult.
As already shown, it has been done before.

So at this point in the thread, every question you asked has been answered. Good luck with your build, and be sure to post progress pictures.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Only maybe 1 or 2 people tops who have done it. And they are not on here. It's not something people want to hack up there car for.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Authorized Seller
Hellz yeah! Do that shit, son! Haters gonna hate. Don't let anyone steer you away from your dream. Sawzall , gallon of body filler, and some wire connectors and DONE! Start ASAP, and post pics of progress immediately. You just might start a revolution here. We can all use some good ideas to refresh and update the old style of our cars.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
I like the z20 swap but an mkIV front end swap.. the pieces of the front clip will be cheap but for the bodywork you could probably get yourself the real deal imported for cheaper then completion of a project like that. Unless you really like the MKIII rear end lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Those first pics are the only GOOD swap ever done. They also only look really good because the pics are tiny. I'd have to hunt around, but there were more of that car and it ONLY looks good from that angle, the rest of the pics it looks terrible.

Also, why the hellllllll did you get this car if you don't like how it looks?

Pikkonslaw

Authorized Seller
Umm dont know what that is so nah I don't think I'm a fan and boost monger how about you fuck off... If you don't like my topic then don't comment that simple...

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Umm dont know what that is so nah I don't think I'm a fan and boost monger how about you fuck off... If you don't like my topic then don't comment that simple...
If you dont like how the mk3 looks then dont buy one, holy shit that's a simple concept.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk