Mk3 Supra Truck Conversion

supremecippy

Authorized Seller
Back in March of this past year i picked up a project car. An 89 Supra, with a turbo 7MGTE. The car was entirely stock except coil overs and wheels. My intentions were original to make it full out track car. But over time i decided to just build something "different". I would like to make it as fast as possible. But i want it to have a Bruitish, Rat Rod kinda style.

Mods
Engine

Ebay Inter cooler In a V Mount setup
Mishimoto Rad
ECUMaster Standalone
Individual coil on plug
Forward faceing intake
Ebay T4 turbo(78MM?)
Ebay T4 Manifold

Suspension
CXRacing Coilovers

Interior
2014 Camaro seats( Because Budget and why not?)

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
fucking awesome

I wouldn't want it for my car, but I still think it looks great. Did you do any sort of reinforcement to the roof structure? Installing back glass, or leaving it open?

Reactions: supremecippy

supremecippy

Authorized Seller
Thanks, I get it's not for everyone. But the car was in pretty bad shape when I started, so hopefully no one's to upset about it getting hacked up. There is steel frame that will get tied into the roof. I'm hoping it's not to floppy lol. Pretty sure it can't be worse than a targa tho. If it is I will have to do some kinda cage eventually. It's going to have a sealed cabin with rear glass.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Cool project. I look forward to seeing the end result

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Dude, what is going on with that intercooler? I'm completely confused with how that's going to work. Please post more pictures of that setup!

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I assumed it's a v-mount configuration, with the rad tilted back, some ducting, and a giant hood vent?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
I normally don't condone any extreme hacking of the mk3, but this looks promising for some reason.

Nice work so far, and please keep us in the loop. Looks like it has some potential!