May 2010 Meet

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
UPDATE

The 2010 2nd Annual MidAtlanticYota's in MAY sponsored by MRSO

Date: Saturday May 22, 2010 Rainout date is in effect!!!
Rainout Date: June 12th if it rains this day, oh well bring your rain jackets!!!

1701 South Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320

Time: 11am-7pm/Sundown

I will be updating this post weekly so please keep up. There is still alot of work that needs to be done. Most of all I need a list of people attending PM me or email at supedup_1@yahoo.com
There will be a Judged car show, Door prizes, Dyno, Food, Music, etc.

Our goal is 100 cars, Mostly supra's but this link and info will be going out to supraforums, Lexus and MR2 forums also. "Toyota Sports Car Enthusiast" is key here.

All Aspects in Chesapeake, VA will be the Dyno location.
$45 3 pulls is the group rate. I just need 20 cars so please sign up and send me a PM or post in the thread. I need to know by May 1st

20% off any Toyota parts purchased/ordered on meet day.
1. Applesauce (VA) Dyno
2. White Zombie (VA) Dyno
3. s000pra89T (VA)
4. soundslikesemi87 (VA) Dyno
5. Nghty89 (VA) Dyno
6. forcefedsupra (Korea/VA)
7. Sc3757 (VA)
8. wadadlidp (MD)
9. Scott60999 (VA)
10. Carter (OH)
11. Suprajjang (VA)
12. MRSUPRA (MD) Dyno
13. 91supran/a (VA)
14. aye mate (MD)
15. Needboost (VA)
16. gennro (VA)
17. fohead (KY)
18. Chambers (MD)
19. Davismj711 (PA)
20. 88redma70 (VA)
21. D7MSUPRA (VA)
22. Drake69 (VA)
23. kamikazemklll (NC)
24. Athena (NC)
25. yota8791 (VA) Dyno
26. nytefire (VA)
27. EverAfter (VA)
28. CrossOver (VA)
29. rabrownmk (VA)
30. dizzuque
31. Jordan Robinson
32. Ted kooij

CELICASUPRAS.COM
1) 80's Toy Nut
2) youngertoynut
3) 7mkii?
4) xr4man
5) wnbhansen
6) My Daughter (with her FX-16)
7) Muchbzy
8) Smittey's Supra
9) mavrick666999 (maybe)
10) Donkey 2 (maybe)

Last edited:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
For many of us May 9th should be out as it is Mothers Day.

My Mom is no longer Earth bound, but Dawns is still here and we usually head to Harrisburg that weekend.

Not sure about Memorial Day weekend either, how bad is the traffic ? If it did get set for that weekend I would still be there, but I do hate sitting still on an interstate. ^^

Jordan, you and Glenn had some good thoughts on the West Coast seeming to dominate the BIG Supra meets. VA Beach would be a great venue for many East Coast Supra owners to consider. So once plans are set, posting in other sections and other forums will be needed.

Chambers

Now you know
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I would like to get to another meet, I enjoyed the last one I went to, anytime next may is good for me. I think having it at a performance shop would be a great idea!

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Im leaning towards May 15th, middle of the month. I would never do anything that has to do w/ traveling around here on a Holiday people go:eek:ffwall:...
And it will be nice enough to catch some:: sunshine ::

soundslikesemi87

Douchemeister
Authorized Seller
The dyno day that uncle mark suggested is the one I'm leaning towards so far. People just have to have a desire to find out what their poop makes. I know the mkii crowd is down for anything again. However, the lynnhaven AIK should be open by then....Hmmm decisions decisions

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
The dyno day that uncle mark suggested is the one I'm leaning towards so far. People just have to have a desire to find out what their poop makes. I know the mkii crowd is down for anything again. However, the lynnhaven AIK should be open by then....Hmmm decisions decisions
The AIK is something we can do together as locals. Maybe one day we will meet up there. But as far as the 2nd Annual Mideast Region Meet, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I know Dustin has not chimmed in yet concerning the date. Lets make sure he will be back from S.Korea.

The sooner the date is decided the better it will be for me, I can then save a few $$$ by getting my reservations at Va Beach early.

I am on my 5th wek of waiting for my parts from Champion Toyota. Will then start doing my urethane bushing and alignment cam bolt replacement. Lower ball joints and possibly a new Toyota rack.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
I know Dustin has not chimmed in yet concerning the date. Lets make sure he will be back from S.Korea.

The sooner the date is decided the better it will be for me, I can then save a few $$$ by getting my reservations at Va Beach early.

I am on my 5th wek of waiting for my parts from Champion Toyota. Will then start doing my urethane bushing and alignment cam bolt replacement. Lower ball joints and possibly a new Toyota rack.
All that sounds great! I cant wait to check that out, you have to keep us updated on the progress.

I will be working on the braking system and rear suspension over the winter break. I just want to clean up everything thats going to be seen through the wheels:naughty: Now I kinda wish I would have kept that BBK to fill the wheel up. I think I jumped to soon w/ selling that thing:nono: I just wanted to keep the OEM look.

I will make sure Dustin post about the date we are thinking about.

wadadlidp

Wicket!
Authorized Seller
The 15 of May Sounds perfect Jordan I'll be there. Sorry I missed the one in August i was out of the country.

Boost Lee

SUPRA POLICE
Staff member
Authorized Seller
It's quite a ways in advance, but when you folks decide on the definitives,
I'd be more than happy to Sticky this for you. :)

PS: Why don't you guys get Scott Hennessey back in a Supra for crying out loud. ;)

Jeff

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
We would def appreciate a sticky!

Scott is still around, we hear from him every so often. He's having fun w/ his Silvia:naughty:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Authorized Seller
Well, I do know that All Aspect Motorsports has a very accurate dyno, and they give good discounts for Dyno Days. Not to mention the guys there have always been good from what I've seen.
They are located on Battlefield Blvd, near Mount Pleasant, so they are out there. It would be a good location to cruise to from, say, Lynnhaven Mall. As for the date, I think the 15th of May sounds great so far.
I will definitely have my maroon beauty ready waaay before then. And do it right this time.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I will tread off topic for a word of wisdom.

nghty, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person, but I am certain that you will in fact be at the meet in May.

Here is what I have gathered from following your posts concerning your previous builds. It seems that perhaps you set your goals far too high initially.

Instead of planning to build the ultimate MK III why not do it in steps? Take care of what "NEEDS" done first. Then move on to the mods you wish to undertake.

Setting goals that are too high is an indication of youth and eagerness. Nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that the goal is seldom reached. Set the goal lower, do it right.

We all must walk before we can run ^^

Good luck with your new ride, see you in May.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Authorized Seller

Of course we all walk before we run. And those of us that try it in reverse do tend to fall. My comment was not meant as 'the ultimate mkiii', but more as a running correctly mkiii. Don't worry, I understand my mistake with the 89. It was a good/bad idea. And trading it was one of the most idiotic things to do. But starting it in the first place was probably a worse idea, versus doing a clean 7m and taking it in steps. :nono:

Let's just say I've changed from the point when I began with my first supra. As for the nova, it runs, and I decided to leave it because it gets me around until it is sold or the supra is running.

Now, of course I take constructive criticism in stride because it is necessary to understand what we did wrong and how to fix it, but for the sake of the thread.. can we please keep my personal failures and advice to pm's? :sarcasm: The embarrassment and self-criticism is enough to keep me from repeats of my past. :biglaugh:

And of course I look forward to meeting all of you that I missed at any previous meets due to a heavy work schedule. :icon_bigg

So, any thoughts on my suggestion of All Aspects and the long-ish cruising route there?

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>

Of course we all walk before we run. And those of us that try it in reverse do tend to fall. My comment was not meant as 'the ultimate mkiii', but more as a running correctly mkiii. Don't worry, I understand my mistake with the 89. It was a good/bad idea. And trading it was one of the most idiotic things to do. But starting it in the first place was probably a worse idea, versus doing a clean 7m and taking it in steps. :nono:

Let's just say I've changed from the point when I began with my first supra. As for the nova, it runs, and I decided to leave it because it gets me around until it is sold or the supra is running.

Now, of course I take constructive criticism in stride because it is necessary to understand what we did wrong and how to fix it, but for the sake of the thread.. can we please keep my personal failures and advice to pm's? :sarcasm: The embarrassment and self-criticism is enough to keep me from repeats of my past. :biglaugh:

And of course I look forward to meeting all of you that I missed at any previous meets due to a heavy work schedule. :icon_bigg

So, any thoughts on my suggestion of All Aspects and the long-ish cruising route there?
We will think about All Aspects... We already have another shop in mind plus location.

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Authorized Seller
I am coming back from S. Korea on March 26th. That will hopefully give me enough time to finish my 1UZ swap, with some help from friends. I think a dyno is a good idea and maybe go somewhere else afterward.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Authorized Seller
Which shop Apple?

Sounds good Dustin, good luck out there. If you need help, I actually have learned a thing or two you know. Then again, Josh wouldn't have his car together and almost ready to run if I didnt... :sarcasm:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Jordan and Glenn

I wish I could help out more with the planning, but the territory is not known to me. I do wish more would chime in on the Date though.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Which shop Apple?

Sounds good Dustin, good luck out there. If you need help, I actually have learned a thing or two you know. Then again, Josh wouldn't have his car together and almost ready to run if I didnt... :sarcasm:
A place out Yorktown. We got it under control... Mark has a link to that shop so we are going to try and work that. If plans change on location, we will def use All Aspects as a start.
Im hoping we get appreciate
Jordan and Glenn

I wish I could help out more with the planning, but the territory is not known to me. I do wish more would chime in on the Date though.
Its cool man. We appreciate everything you do.

White Zombie

Authorized Seller
And now a word from Uncle Mark .....

Unfortunatly I've been too busy to contact the proper people to give some more clarity to the Location, Type of Event layout, etc...
I promise I will get with these people this week and try to at least get a YES or NO on the dyno info.
Jordan Im glad you began this post, we are heading in the right direction with the early start !

Mark your help will be appreciated... Hopfully this will turn into a EAST COAST thing, and not just a local thing. So if you have contacts in PA. then now is the time to warn them !! :evil2:

Boost LEE, a sticky will be great once we get all the details in order !!!

Any way, the first meet IMHO was a great sucess. We learned alot and have alot more to learn.....

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
And now a word from Uncle Mark .....

Unfortunatly I've been too busy to contact the proper people to give some more clarity to the Location, Type of Event layout, etc...
I promise I will get with these people this week and try to at least get a YES or NO on the dyno info.
Jordan Im glad you began this post, we are heading in the right direction with the early start !

Mark your help will be appreciated... Hopfully this will turn into a EAST COAST thing, and not just a local thing. So if you have contacts in PA. then now is the time to warn them !! :evil2:

Boost LEE, a sticky will be great once we get all the details in order !!!

Any way, the first meet IMHO was a great sucess. We learned alot and have alot more to learn.....
Well said, we need to get someone in each state to branch off and grab more of there locals. Mark If you can, put the word out. So maybe next time your not driving down by yourself(Well you do have a cool co-pilot). Then I'll try and put the word out in MD, I know a couple guys up there. We have to pick an annual location, and I think VA is central for the East Coast. I think in the past like things haven't worked because there will be 1 or 2 meets at one place and then it changes to a diff place. Then some people just don't travel. Those guys in TX throw down every year, people get ready cause they know its an annual thing.

I started this post early because im car crazy "SUPRA CRAZY:runaway:" at heart. I don't think I could love any other sports car:love:. I know that you guys are too, so if you have passion for something its easy to make things happen!

Last edited:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
If we can get the Date confirmed then it will allow for other areas to plan around this meet.

I would say that is our most urgent need. From there nail down the specifics and get the word out.

I will be happy to post this on SupraForums and in our Northeast section. ECT forum is another place to post it.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
If we can get the Date confirmed then it will allow for other areas to plan around this meet.

I would say that is our most urgent need. From there nail down the specifics and get the word out.

I will be happy to post this on SupraForums and in our Northeast section. ECT forum is another place to post it.
We have just set up a local meet Sunday at 630pm at Greenbrier mall, Red Robin. Just a chance to go over all the specifics, and for some folks that have been MIA for a while to catch up w/ the new faces. Weather is suppose to be great. So after Sunday Mark we will have a def date.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Sounds great Jordan. Glenn I will try logging onto ECT, if it is indeed "Dead" then perhaps we could grab that nameplate ?

It would be niceto have a club formed within SupraMania. Something that better defines us than....Mid East Section ^^

Will be looking forward to what you come up with during your mini meet.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Glenn

I looged onto ECT. Perhaps what Johnny meant was that it was lifeless. Total of 9 users logged on. Highest total logged on was 2 years ago at 153.

So the Tag is still being used, but hardly. In a nutshell that is what happens when members stop communicating and gathering.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Authorized Seller
Well this is shaping up to be an awesome meet! :2ar15:

On the side, I actually asked someone today "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?". Of course, all the car guys chime in 'Yes!'. lol

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Are you coming today at 630 Dustin? Try and bring that other dude Quintin too, so we can meet everyone.

sc3757

Authorized Seller
thanks everyone today for their input. Just giving my little unofficial introduction here lol. I was the guy that showed up in the green sc3, name's kita. But it prob would be good to get a def date and rain check day for the event next year so we could get vendors if we could.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
thanks everyone today for their input. Just giving my little unofficial introduction here lol. I was the guy that showed up in the green sc3, name's kita. But it prob would be good to get a def date and rain check day for the event next year so we could get vendors if we could.
Thanks for coming Kita, your SC is nice.

Well for everyone to know the Meet will be May 15th 2010 location to be determined, we are working on it now. But a date needed to be annouced 1st.

Thanks for coming out everyone. The local mini meet turned into a bigger meet than I expected.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Authorized Seller
Yes guys, that was awesome! I haven't been to a meet in a while and I am very glad I decided upon this one. Hope I was able to shed some light on any fellow na-t'ers with the 2jz's.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
To bad the Beamer blew up, I go for morale support.
We heard:3d_frown:put that thing back together and sell it. Adam is selling his MK3 project:naughty: and Kita said he knows someone w/ a quick MK3 he's selling for around 2k. All local buys:naughty:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Great to hear the date is finalized !!

Scott, sorry to hear about the BMW. As much as I like the work your doing on it, sure would be nice to have you crusin in a MK III with us^^

A word to the wise on your location selection.

With proper planning " And your doing it " This could turn out to be a rather large meet. Better to plan for more, than less, and make certain the meet area will hold it.

Back in the day when SOGI was active we held a meet at a performance shop in Harrisburg. They had awards for certain things " I do not remember what " but also had the shop open for business. As I remember at the time many members were getting things done there.

If we have access to a T shirt vendor perhaps we could get a batch made ? Sign on early and wear them to the meet pre paid of course.

Something like :

VA BEACH
2nd ANNUAL
2010 SUPRA MEET

Just some thoughts. Wish it were next month lol.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Great to hear the date is finalized !!

Scott, sorry to hear about the BMW. As much as I like the work your doing on it, sure would be nice to have you crusin in a MK III with us^^

A word to the wise on your location selection.

With proper planning " And your doing it " This could turn out to be a rather large meet. Better to plan for more, than less, and make certain the meet area will hold it.

Back in the day when SOGI was active we held a meet at a performance shop in Harrisburg. They had awards for certain things " I do not remember what " but also had the shop open for business. As I remember at the time many members were getting things done there.

If we have access to a T shirt vendor perhaps we could get a batch made ? Sign on early and wear them to the meet pre paid of course.

Something like :

VA BEACH
2nd ANNUAL
2010 SUPRA MEET

Just some thoughts. Wish it were next month lol.
Great idea about the T-shirts Mark, I will get right on that. Some to wear like you said and have some to sell/give away depending on funding. Gleen and I will come up w/ some ideas. Mark(Hampton VA) also came up w/ the idea of getting a banner made. Im also going to work on a couple cheap posters to put up of course next year closer to the meet.

scott60999

Unnecessary Motorsports
Authorized Seller
Car stickers! Offtopic, I had a leaky fuel injector, pull the rail. The pintle caps from the injectors fall down the intake manifold and roll instead the heads, finally get stuck into the valves, so I had to pull most of the engine. Replaced a bunch of rubber roses, and hoseclamps, along with new injector seals. Once again all is well with the Euro house. I'd love to mess with Supra's, but for now it's not in my budget, and won't be for a bit. I would still love to hangout with you guys, it's always entertaining at the least lol:icon_razz