LSD oil

bsupra

Authorized Seller

Attachments

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
If you're happy with the LSD action you're getting, basically any 80W90 GL5 oil will work with the LSD additive in already in it. This Kendall product is fine. If you don't like it, drain it and try something else. It certainly won't hurt anything.

If you're not happy with the LSD bias and want more grip, this is not the way to go.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Thank you for the response. I am not actually looking for anything more than an OEM equivalent replacement fluid.

I am actually choosing between this Kendall Limited Slip and Castrol Limited Slip. I may just go which ever of these two is available at the store.

loc182

Seven Empowered!
Authorized Seller
Ah, ok, I had that problem too when I tried Mobil 1 without a friction modifier. Now I use the Ford gear oil and friction modifier without any trouble.

Pretty cool that the Subaru stuff doesn't require an additional modifier :)

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Ah, ok, I had that problem too when I tried Mobil 1 without a friction modifier. Now I use the Ford gear oil and friction modifier without any trouble.

Pretty cool that the Subaru stuff doesn't require an additional modifier :)
Those Subaru LSD gear oil is made by Idemitsu. On the first quart bottle, I found the modifier has settled at the bottom of the bottle. I made sure I shook the 2nd bottle when I added .4 quarts.

The parts person told me that it should be Ok with no additional modifier if the car is used for normal daily driver.