Lower side window trim source needed

destrux

Authorized Seller
Last I looked these were still available from Toyota. Now my dealer says they're discontinued. Is this true and if so is there anyone making them yet aftermarket? Mine are hard as a rock and falling apart.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
Amayama has access to Japanese stock, and they're worth checking, though their website isn't always up to date on what is or isn't actually available. May be worth checking though.

Jeff

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Yes, I’ve used Amayama a number of times, and have purchased all of the rear window trim from them. However, I’m pretty sure that the quarter window and most of the windshield trim is now all gone, even through Amayama.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
I would expect the upper trim to still be available for the windshield.

I ordered 2 complete sets of windshield trim a few years ago and a glass shop messed up one set and kind of messed up the second. Can't get them anymore. Most upsetting.

Jeff

destrux

Authorized Seller
No luck, these are apparently discontinued and rare in Japan as well.

I found a set on yahoo auctions.jp and they sold for 68,000 yen today to a buyer in japan. That's $778 usd. I guess guys over there are getting as hard up for good trim as we are.

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
They are 100% discontinued worldwide now, trust me I spent many months searching worldwide (and documenting), and I mean just that, to get what I needed.

Your only bet now is NOS, Yahoo currently has some front and rear screen trims listed if you feel rich enough.

I saw that sale destrux mentioned, crazy money but I can see why if you need them.