KYB Super Special Shocks TEMS Compatible

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
These are avalible on RHD JAPAN. I asked them to offer it on the site for everyone that wants to keep TEMS.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/search/?q=kyb+supra

OEM shocks were Tokico and they use to sell a firmer unit aftermarket but it has been discontinued. The KYBs from what I can see are a bit better then the Tokicos and they do cost more but who cares! TEMS is very nice to keep and use on a special street car your well love mint car you garage and want to use your TEMS with.

Last edited:

alcyon

Authorized Seller
I was itchin to buy a set, but mine seems to be still working, so I am holding off. besides , i cant seem to get the TEMS compatible upper rubber mounts.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Do you know of other websites that will ship?
RHDJapan and Nengun are the 2 big websites, there are others I found back when I was looking at purchasing these.
Don't remember what they were.
Edit: Ah I remember, Yahoo Japan auctions also have these shocks listed.

The other option is to use a contact in Japan to purchase them directly from KYB in Japan and ship here to USA.
Proxy buying was the option I was going to use, but ended up finding Tokico's about a week before I was going to purchase the KYB's.

I also contacted KYB in the USA to see if they would be able to pull Japan product to the States.
They have zero knowledge of the product and couldn't even look up the PN from KYB Japan.
KYB USA and KYB Japan appear to have zero connection in product lines or communication between.

Since Tokico is now out in the states it seems like a good product line to bring over.
Sales wouldn't be very high, but I would expect them to sell since there is no TEMS replacement anymore.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Not sure if you came across this but the Proxis in Japan won't ship out the strut due to the gas in the strut. They call it a prohibited item. Japanese sellers won't deal with overseas buyers directly for the most part. I have another Proxy that will ship but hes more money then RHDJapan after shipping and fee to him and me. Buyee will not ship out this in case your wondering. Maybe Driftmotion can do it? Ill send Arron a message?

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I found 3 proxies that were willing to do it.
They were aware of what the product was and I received quotes on them.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Do you happen to recall their websites? Always nice to have them handy in case you need them.

RHD japan shows 20,000 yen each once you login. Were your 3 proxies better?

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Proxies were around 105,000 JPY total for the set including shipping and fees.

PM you the info for one good one.

Reactions: suprapilot

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
I just received this troubling message from Nengun

Hi George,

"Thanks for your email and interest in Nengun. Unfortunately we are not able to ship these internationally any longer. The couriers now consider these to be dangerous goods and will not accept these any longer. This is not only a Nengun issue but anyone legally trying to ship these internationally. We are working on a solution with one of the couriers currently, but it is proving to take much longer than we had hoped. Currently these are only listed for our domestic customers here in Japan. If you follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter, we will be sure to let everyone know when we are able to start shipping these internationally again.

If you are located here in Japan, then just let us know and we can confirm everything and add this to our website for you.

Please let us know if you need anything else or require further assistance."

Good news is Drift Motion may bring them in and RHDJAPAN now shows the word TEMS on their site after I let them know to edit it. Wonder if RHD can ship them? They didn't say anything? Hopefully DM will sell them? They always have great prices and service!

JGD

Hey guys

This is the response that I got back from KYB

Good morning,

Sorry, but our North American division isn’t able to import/purchase them for resale.

Regards,

Technical Support

KYB Americas Corporation

techsupport@kyb.com

I'm thinking of possibly another solution. Has anyone ever got the TEMS shocks rebuilt? Is this even possible.

Thanks and have a great day.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Hey guys

This is the response that I got back from KYB

Good morning,

Sorry, but our North American division isn’t able to import/purchase them for resale.

Regards,

Technical Support

KYB Americas Corporation

techsupport@kyb.com

I'm thinking of possibly another solution. Has anyone ever got the TEMS shocks rebuilt? Is this even possible.

Thanks and have a great day.
Thanks for trying! RHD Japan has got us covered at least for now.

alcyon

Authorized Seller
Thats good and all, but how about the upper rubber mounts with the 3 studs, is the TEMS and non TEMS ones interchangable ?