jza70 R edition

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
**UPDATED** 22/06/18

Authentic Twin Turbo R JZA70 Supra from Japan, imported to Canada in 2010.

Stared out a BPU daily driver with rebuilt/upgraded C12A's, now it's turning into a full build!

Motor:
Brian Crower springs/retainers & 1mm o/s valves
BC 264 camshafts
AEM cam gears
540CC MR2 side feed low impedance injectors + 7M resistor pack
BorgWarner s362sx-e twinscroll .91 ar
Aeromotive AFPR
Full 3" turbo back custom SS exhaust
DM 3" intercooler kit
Mishimoto Alum. rad & dual electric fans
2JZ water pump & aluminum pulley kit

Electronics:
EcuMaster's EMU
Turbosmart e-boost controller
HKS turbotimer
HKS oil pressure gauge
HKS water temp gauge

Footwork:
A-1 end links front & steel rears
Tein Super Street Coilovers
ST Sway bars
Battle traction/toe/heel bars
SuperNow tie-rods
18x8.5 235/45/ZR18 Advan SA3R
18x9.5 255/40/ZR18 Advan SA3R

Transmission:
Beech short throw shifter/TRD knob
DM "stage 3" clutch (upgraded PP & 6 puck)
DM Marlin Crawler/R154 complete rebuild kit
One piece drive-shaft
Torsen diff 4.10 factory

Body:
Hiro front lip
Hiro rear lip
Hiro tail mask
Hiro spoiler
Regulus side skirts
Turbo-A duct
Carbonfibre headlight bezels/emblem
Tinted hatch visor

Next on list:
650cc+ injectors
re-tune & dyno
Subframe & suspension poly bushing kit
HKS hi-power DLI*
IMG_0518.JPG

Last edited:

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Very nice. Love the tt-r's. They are very well appointed from the factory.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
Very nice. Love the tt-r's. They are very well appointed from the factory.
For sure, my interior needs a re-do though, but having momo and recaro in your car from factory is pretty sweet. That's why I want to keep the car with twins when I upgrade my turbo's edventually.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Definitely sweet. I had the chance to ride in one at a track day. Very solid. I'm jealous of you! :)

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
Finally some updates! Hiro body kit arrived and installed (other then the tail mask but it has to be painted so it's going on last) Also got my ST swaybars on. Apparently didn't tighten one bushing down enough it's slipped over & torn albeit.

will post more updates after it comes back from paint next week, also changing out exhaust, debating if I should cut it more but the new tip isn't 5" so it should clear my rear difuser lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
the only thing not hiro on my car haha, I'm trying to source the spoiler right now from an importer locally but it doesn't sound like I'll get it until 3-6 months after it's painted

should mention my plans for the summer include a head rebuild as during hot summer days I burn oil from a valve seal issue I found.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
a little sneak preview update

I have deleted the rear wiper, installed smoked blinkers and am currently in search of aero mirrors and a ultra-rare Trust Gracer spoiler.. Might also invest in a sunshade when I find one with hardware that's not cracked or used.

As of now I'm waiting for the head back from the machine shop. R154 received DM's full rebuild kit, sadly the "lightweight flywheel" i bought used wasn't an 8 bolt for a 1jz like advertised.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
Got some pictures of my head back from the machine shop! Mild port & polish, Brian Crower 1.6mm over sized valves, BC springs & retainers. Ready for a new 2JZ head gasket of course. A little over kill to fix some burning oil but I figure I better do it right the first time if I'm going to tear into the head.

Also heres a shot of Albert's rebuilt ct12a's on my new X-pipe, going to heat wrap it since I'm deleting factory heatshield

Attachments

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
Looks good but your crooked intercooler really bugs me

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
to make matters worse, the body shop got overspray all over my intercooler. Just glad it's a driftmotion special or I would be choked. I do plan to level it I just ran out of patience at the time and wanted my car back together. I think I'm going to flip it and stencil it and square it up all I need to do is re-tap a new hole on my home-made bracket lol

87supramario

Authorized Seller
Nice car! Those twins are pretty fun at stock boost IMO. Ever get the chance to look inside that chinaman Y pipe while it was out? The tubing tends to be positioned to overhang inside, creating a lot of drag against the velocity of the hot gasses inside. I wish I had time to just use a air demal with a cylinder abrasive to grind those overhangs smooth just for a piece of mind, sort of like porting.

I really like the the side skirts and lip you have. Car looks very clean! All of your pictures of page 1 are gone though.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
Nice car! Those twins are pretty fun at stock boost IMO. Ever get the chance to look inside that chinaman Y pipe while it was out? The tubing tends to be positioned to overhang inside, creating a lot of drag against the velocity of the hot gasses inside. I wish I had time to just use a air demal with a cylinder abrasive to grind those overhangs smooth just for a piece of mind, sort of like porting.

I really like the the side skirts and lip you have. Car looks very clean! All of your pictures of page 1 are gone though.
yeah imageshack must of finally expired them when they started getting more hits. Also the 1jz x-pipe was super clean, I was thinking I might of got lucky and recieved an older raptor racing version bc all the welds were perfect or someone took the time to go over before selling it to me (came from U.S.)

another shot, almost all back together I'm stoked.

things I need to do over winter:
1jz pigtails/shrink wrap for the coils
Engine dress up (trd oil cap, shiny new bolts, brake cleaner the shit out of everything now that oil leaks are fixed)
install all my gauges (Innovate wideband, HKS boost, oil pressure & water temp)
300 km/hr cluster swap
check for ignition break-up at high rpms (happened before rebuild on only 9lbs of boost!) fix with HKS DLI twin power or open to suggestions?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
old pic but turns out in the rain my car changes colour:

Bump:
HKS era specific gauges with an Innovate wideband to install reserving for update pictures on top of third page.

Found a new sunshade for the car but my funds are on hold now. I'm debating going wide body even though I just painted! I need to paint match some rare aero enroute from japan anyways. I ordered a new front bumper (cracked mine near the fog light housing) as well the turbo A duct was a poor quality replica & install so I believe I'll be replacing it new.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
so freshly after paint last year:

after East Bear aero mirrors/Hiro spoiler sourced & paintmatched to finish off kit:

Needs sunshade imo & some super advans :( *drool*

i will have an update coming in of my 62mm turbo, ditched the twins started burning oil after a year just too much heat to dissipate.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
I realize I have the worst build thread to follow because my updates are never in order lol but heres the driftmotion 62mm turbo kit I threw on and late pic for guages:

I have some 540cc denso injectors to install and need to figure out if I'm ever getting a new driver for my blitz ecu or going stand-alone.

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
yeah Its the Hiro wing. I love that wing as well as the rest of the kit. The regulus side skirts look good though

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
Well so sad all my pictures are gone... I guess I will update my build thread and drop some sneak peeks! :) Picures with Advan SA3R's coming just in process of painting...

Got her on the dyno with some 540cc injectors finally! First red line was before tune, blue line @ 435rwhp made at about 20 PSI on 91 octane at 93% injector duty, green @ 397 is at about 85% injector duty... Once summers over I'm going to get a new clutch, bigger injectors, quick spool valve and re-tune it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
The cheapo DM turbo that came with was showing signs of the shaft wanting to seize. It wouldn't spin freely, was looking for boost leak and noticed this. So today I sourced a BorgWarner s362sx-e t4 twin scroll with a .91 ar in a 76mm turbine housing and changed it to v-band to work with my manifold. I'll post some results once the methanol kit is installed and we take it on the dyno again with a real turbo. :D

Attachments