Just a little Big Brake project

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
Just figured i would post this front 14" bbk setup that i pieced together all oem equipment and retains stock supra brake line and banjo bolt.and yes thats right 14 inch bbk and 17 in rim just got lucky there tho i think???? We have an enormous amount of R&D in this and it all paid off in the end now just to match the rear.

Update 14 inch bbk coming soon

Last edited:

super51fan

Authorized Seller
Looks great. This is just the info I have been looking for. I love the idea of 14" rotor and keeping 17" wheels.

Do we need to PM you about details.

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
We are talking about selling like 10 kits but cant guarantee it fits all 17" wheels

Last edited:

super51fan

Authorized Seller
Would the kit be the brackets needed and then a parts list? Or like a complete kit that you would supply brackets , rotors and calipers?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
14 won't fit on 17's.

There Mercedes calipers. There bolts on.

thesupragod

Authorized Seller
Contributor
The kit would be the complete setup, Pads, Rotors, Caliper, rotor to hub ring spacer and brackets. This is not a Mercedes caliper, and the setup is currently running on a set of 17" Cobra R replica wheels. So it does fit.

Aleo24

Authorized Seller

looks like SRT challenger calipers like my setup. straight bolt on no adapters.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Mercedes use the same calipers as those on most cars from the 00's. Brembos as well they just dont say it on the front.

14in on a 17 wheel no all wheels are not going to fit it. Also have to be careful with the face as well. My xxr 521 will not fit either of those brakes as it hits the back of the face.

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
Mercedes use the same calipers as those on most cars from the 00's. Brembos as well they just dont say it on the front.

14in on a 17 wheel no all wheels are not going to fit it. Also have to be careful with the face as well. My xxr 521 will not fit either of those brakes as it hits the back of the face.
Yes the face of the wheel is a factor here but a proper offset wheel with good spacer can work wonders

black89t

boost'en down 101
Authorized Seller

looks like SRT challenger calipers like my setup. straight bolt on no adapters.
what rotor are you using? i need to replace my front brakes soon and was going to go with the arz kit but am open to other options that are on par with performace.

Aleo24

Authorized Seller
Yes its a custom 2 piece rotor setup i designed with help marks engineering. Had to trim the bottom pad shield off to fit them. Now that DBA make one with greater surface area i could make a set without needing to modify the calipers. I also have the Evo/wrx rear caliper setup and it stops amazingly well and consistently at the track.

my 18" xxr521 fit great.

FernandoDLT

Authorized Seller
Whats the price? There's already a proven Wilwood kit available. How does this kit compare?

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
Whats the price? There's already a proven Wilwood kit available. How does this kit compare?
What i can tell you is this setup is fantastic a very large caliper and there is full pad contact with the rotor and we will be going with the sti/evo rear setup

black89t

boost'en down 101
Authorized Seller
What i can tell you is this setup is fantastic a very large caliper and there is full pad contact with the rotor and we will be going with the sti/evo rear setup
do you plan on selling these as a kit like the arz bbk? im interested but unless the price is significantly less than the arz kit i don't think they will sell to well. looking to replace mine within the next month

thesupragod

Authorized Seller
Contributor
The kits will be priced less than the ARZ kit, and are significantly larger, at 14". Another benefit is that you can buy pads off the shelf at any local parts store. Im not sure if the kit will be available within the next month, with the crappy Ohio weather that doesn't give us enough time to thoroughly test the setup.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Authorized Seller
The kits will be priced less than the ARZ kit, and are significantly larger, at 14". Another benefit is that you can buy pads off the shelf at any local parts store. Im not sure if the kit will be available within the next month, with the crappy Ohio weather that doesn't give us enough time to thoroughly test the setup.

dam too bad i'll have bought the arz kit by the time they're available it looks like oh well they look cooler lol. and all the pads at the parts store suck im a fan of porterfield ive had a set on my car forever and they make the stock brakes perform much better. good pads are very important with braking performance.

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
dam too bad i'll have bought the arz kit by the time they're available it looks like oh well they look cooler lol. and all the pads at the parts store suck im a fan of porterfield ive had a set on my car forever and they make the stock brakes perform much better. good pads are very important with braking performance.
You can order in a set of good ceramic pads at any parts store if you dont like what they have on the shelf i perfer to stick a quality pad also you would be suprised what they can order in for ya there see whats avaliable and check the reviews.what i can tell everyone is that this setup will throw you through the front windshield if you are not careful lol.

Last edited:

1-2clutch-u

Authorized Seller
Can I interject about the pads. well I will. Yes you can get pads from autozone for just about any car. (I picked autozone bec they are popular) But I can tell you that a duralast gold wont hold up to any abuse track wise. Pads play a big part of brakes like said in other post. Not knocking your kit just wanted to say that.

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
Can I interject about the pads. well I will. Yes you can get pads from autozone for just about any car. (I picked autozone bec they are popular) But I can tell you that a duralast gold wont hold up to any abuse track wise. Pads play a big part of brakes like said in other post. Not knocking your kit just wanted to say that.
And what i am trying to say you dont have to go with the house brand stuff you would be suprised what can be ordered in by them i am not saying that they are the best either but if one wants to order a set of pads for the track they are also available for this caliper.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
What calipers are they?

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
When?around about price
We will keep you posted but very soon i am working out package price with vendors as we speek just giving everyone an update but much less than the arz kit as mentioned. Again all parts are new not used because thats just not the way to go

BeboA70

Authorized Seller
Whays going on bro, im desprate to know more info behind this bbk you put together. Pm me when you get a chance.

maxburn

Authorized Seller
How will this compare with the Mercedes bbk that hvyman just posted performance and cost wise?

KKZ SupraMan

Authorized Seller
Well i havent tested his but our kit is adding a huge amount of surface area going from 13" to 14" on the caliper itsself has larger pistons i expect this setup to out perform with no problem during the rnd of this i looked into all posible sizes and this is what i decided to go with on cost side of things i am working with vendors right now to figure this out as far as the cost for our kit but you cannot compare the two because his price of 300 is for used parts and i have not priced his setup with new parts but you get what you pay for i guess i never buy used

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Only the calipers are used. And new you can get them for around 200 each iirc.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
Did anything ever come of this? I really want to do a bigger kit than ARZ offers for a reasonable price.

4.5k for 14" is crazy. I'm currently looking at 6 pot mustang calipers which are dirt cheap new 300$ each with core charge from ford. They are what is used on the 2015+ performance package mustangs using 15" rotors. I think with 14" ISF rotors we could have a really good kit going on here.

What I'm trying to find is how to do the math for the master cylinder and if it will be ok with the stock one. Does anyone want to chime in? Anyone have access to laser cut adapters?

zoppii

Pro Lurker
Authorized Seller
Did anything ever come of this? I really want to do a bigger kit than ARZ offers for a reasonable price.

4.5k for 14" is crazy. I'm currently looking at 6 pot mustang calipers which are dirt cheap new 300$ each with core charge from ford. They are what is used on the 2015+ performance package mustangs using 15" rotors. I think with 14" ISF rotors we could have a really good kit going on here.

What I'm trying to find is how to do the math for the master cylinder and if it will be ok with the stock one. Does anyone want to chime in? Anyone have access to laser cut adapters?
If it helps, I went with these and love them. Although I threw the pads it came with away and bought true Wilwoods that fit my driving purpose.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
Yeah I've been talking to arz. I maybe going down this route soon. I bought the mustang calipers already, I have plans for them on my sc300 if nothing else.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
He stated what the parts were here:
Post #4