Interior Fuse Box Replacement

megan77

Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever replaced the interior fuse box (driver’s side kick panel) in their MK3? Mine has gotten corroded and the fuses practically fall out of the holders, and the car won’t start or runs bad intermittently. Do you know if it can be replaced without removing the dash or doing a bunch of soldering? I’m pretty handy with a soldering iron but would rather not go there.

Also, it’s in an 86.5 5-speed, and I have an 87 auto with a BHG that I can pull parts from. Does anybody know if the fuse box is interchangeable between the manual and auto?vidmate mobdro

Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
You do not need to remove the dash. Just remove the footrest , kick panel and lower panel under the dash and start to unplug everything on that unit. There is a 10mm bolt on the bottom holding the fuse box to the body. Also those years mentioned do interchange with each other.

Another tip you might want to inspect the integration relay. It is behind the fuses on the fuse box and you might want to keep that extra one in your spare parts box if it is still good.