IA Supra's

SupraStardom

Authorized Seller
Im down for Buffalo Wild Wings. I love wings and beer. My car is still tucked away for the winter. hope to be up soon. single turbo kit taking longer than i thought to put on. Just got to run my oil lines, fab the intercooler piping and few other odds and ends to tie up. Then i gotta tune the bastard. Still lots of work i guess but i got some time.

*james*

Authorized Seller
Never had sushi. But I'm willing to try it, I have been to Taki, it is pretty good and filling, I don't remember how much I paid, it was a date so I really didn't care lol.

darrick

Authorized Seller
That's the spirit!! And for anyone concerned, sushi ? raw fish!!!

I can understand the whole budget thing though, but it would cost maybe $15 total for Teppenyaki.
Tell you the truth I don't know what is in sushi but I know it is asian food I went to hu hot and didn't like their style. I'm an american I like steaks ,burgers. I'm down for anywher I could try something new. Just can't be expensive.

*james*

Authorized Seller
Sushi isn't too bad, its either you love it or hate it. Hu hot is mongolian food so I can undersatnd why you didn't like it haha, I didn't think it was that great either. Sushi on the othere hand, I haven't had very much of, but from what I have tired its pretty good.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Authorized Seller
Tell you the truth I don't know what is in sushi but I know it is asian food I went to hu hot and didn't like their style. I'm an american I like steaks ,burgers. I'm down for anywher I could try something new. Just can't be expensive.
That question mark is supposed to be a (not-equal-to) sign, but apparently, this message board doesn't like it lol. Sushi isn't raw fish. That's Nigiri! I took Japanese at Central for 4 years and even went there for a couple weeks so I know quite a bit about their culture. HuHot is Mongolian and there is a difference! I'm not trying to make a big scene or anything, but I'd really like to show you guys some great food you've never had before if you're interested... If not, I do love me some damn wings!!

nick88

JayHall's Hero
Authorized Seller
That question mark is suposed to me a (not-equal-to) sign, but apparently, this message borad doesn't like it lol. Sushi isn't raw fish. That's Nigiri! I took Japanese at Central for 4 years and even went there for a couple weeks so I know quite a bit about their culture. HuHot is Mongolian and there is a difference! I'm not trying to make a big scene or anything, but I'd really like to show you guys some great food you'd never had before if you're interested... If not, I do love me some damn wings!!
So you can speak japanese? I'll go anywhere as long as my car is running by then.

darrick

Authorized Seller
That question mark is supposed to be a (not-equal-to) sign, but apparently, this message board doesn't like it lol. Sushi isn't raw fish. That's Nigiri! I took Japanese at Central for 4 years and even went there for a couple weeks so I know quite a bit about their culture. HuHot is Mongolian and there is a difference! I'm not trying to make a big scene or anything, but I'd really like to show you guys some great food you've never had before if you're interested... If not, I do love me some damn wings!!
I might as well try it, you only live once. I can speak some spanish! Hu hot wasnt for me i didnt know any of the spices or anything so mine didnt taste like anything really. The thing i like about asian food is the chop sticks those are different. Im not the greatest at using them. Im down for the asian food, Everyone else agree?

nick88

JayHall's Hero
Authorized Seller
Alright, so we have a couple places to go, taki and Buffalo wild wings.

John, when would it be possible for you to make it to Des Moines with your car, and would you rather go to b-dubs or taki, I don't care where we go as long as I can get there with there with a running supra.

We need to set a expected date around late april early may, and before july. And another trip to eddyville for midnight madness.

NewGen

Authorized Seller
Alright, so we have a couple places to go, taki and Buffalo wild wings.

John, when would it be possible for you to make it to Des Moines with your car, and would you rather go to b-dubs or taki, I don't care where we go as long as I can get there with there with a running supra.

We need to set a expected date around late april early may, and before july. And another trip to eddyville for midnight madness.
once i get my car running correct ill focus on a track time

SupraStardom

Authorized Seller
Yea I can make it to des moines.... no...i cant make there in the supra...have to roll the tundra there. My supra is still down for single turbo install. Its taking me a long time to do. Been doing other things rather than be in the garage. Honestly itd take me a full day or two to have it blasting down the street, but ive been focused on other things. i need to dedicate a weekend to getting it done. I also need a new 3in vband clamp.... i brokz minez.

NewGen

Authorized Seller
Yea I can make it to des moines.... no...i cant make there in the supra...have to roll the tundra there. My supra is still down for single turbo install. Its taking me a long time to do. Been doing other things rather than be in the garage. Honestly itd take me a full day or two to have it blasting down the street, but ive been focused on other things. i need to dedicate a weekend to getting it done. I also need a new 3in vband clamp.... i brokz minez.
Lawls I did the same thing with my first Vband clamp :(. I know now how tight not to tighten it too lol.

I'm down for whenever. My cars running and I know Leon will be down. We should have chase's car closer after this next weekend. I would suggest June 5th to ensure everyone will be complete and I can have my car tuned.

NewGen

Authorized Seller
Um idk yet will see. Might try another grill out. If not I'm down for some bdubs. I was speaking to one of the people from the scicotic's and were talking about having a Toyota meet in general. I guess they have quite a few members.

88_mk3

Authorized Seller
Name: Trevor Keninger
Year of car: 1988
Contact info: 641-373-1701
City : Iowa Falls
Car: 88 Supra Hardtop turbo
Pic: Best Image i can find right now. will be going to body shop in a week or so to get the front all straightened.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

You guys still planning on having a little get together this weekend? my supra wont be back together by then but ill be in des moines and ill def. stop by. let me know if you guys are!

nick88

JayHall's Hero
Authorized Seller
I am not quite sure, I got graduation to go to at 2 and so does james, so I don't know but hopefully I will see you in the morning when you pick up those parts.

I'm sure if you contact matt (newgen) he will be glad to meet you or show you his place during the day.

I been wanting some b-dubs lately bout 5 or so.

Crap... Iowa Supra owners.... where the hell have you guys all been... All my buddies all run "American Muscle" and I have had no one to keep me motivated to keep my poor ride on the road...

I use to run a Sp71gtq with a full SoundPerformance tubular kit and a fully build 7m runing a tec2 standalone.... then it caught fire playing with some boys in blue.. (Friends not running from them lol).

Anyways, This is what I have now... Looking to drop the old motor into the new body and start the build up process yet again. Its been sitting in my garage for about 2 years without turning a wheel. I had it out the other day and next on the list is dropping my old R154 into her. Its hard to drive around town with no reverse....

I have my old block in the garage, its built with crower rods and wisco pistons and a bunch of other junk, it got a little smoke damage and some electical parts burnt up in the fire, nothing that a hot tank cant fix in a few minutes... Oh damn you guys, I am getting the supra bug again and my wallet is already running away...

Name: Chris J
Year of car: 92
Contact info:
City : Johnston
Car: 92 Turbo
Pic:

Last edited:

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Authorized Seller
Crap... Iowa Supra owners.... where the hell have you guys all been... All my buddies all run "American Muscle" and I have had no one to keep me motivated to keep my poor ride on the road...

Name: Chris J
Year of car: 92
Contact info:
City : Johnston
Car: 92 Turbo
I was wondering if you were still around. This is Leon, we met a few years back in johnston. I used to have that red 91' turbo Supra I was rebuilding. I tried getting in contact with you over the years but I believe your contact info was slightly incorrect.

It's good to see you've found us haha.

Give me a call anytime you want a helping hand. (515)285-2161 I don't get on here much so here is my email to LeonW@iastate.edu

Later,
Leon

Hey Hey

Yes its one in the same. I think i need to buy some beer and host a BBQ and get a few helping hands for this 5 speed swap (not that is that much work, just more fun to have people coach on the sideline line...).

lol... hey that sounds like a plan. Whats up with your ride.... and i have forgotten so much... i use to know the ma70 inside and out...oh well

Wheels are ADR M-Sport 18x9.5 w/ 285/35/18's & 18X8.5 245/35/18's up front. Car is lowered with ST Spings, Koni Shocks and ST Sway bars. There a few other odd upgrades, but is mostly just a greedy exhaust and K&N. I have not started any real performance mods.

Interior is shadow grey, however I bought the car from denver and a week after I got here someone used armoral on the dash and it spit into an X the next day... err/.

Needs some love, but its a solid start. I SO miss my targo but after pushing 600+ horsepower I can attest that I am only ever going to do that again with a hardtop... or a roll cage... .or both.

My plan is to do the upgrades step by step this time. Last time I had my old car off road for 2 years + and just kept dumping money and building everything at once. This time I just dont have that much free money... so project by project it is.

1 - 5sp swap
2 - interior repair
3 - AEM ems
4 - Freshen up the old bock (from the old car) and install the SP71gtq turbo kit, engine swap
5 - fuel system
6 - body kit...bomex side skirts and rear and something suitable for the front.

7 - beg wife for forgiveness when she finds out how much this hobby costs...

here is the only other pic i have.

Last edited:
Old car was a red 90 targa, with the same rims. other than an aggressive stance, larger than stock exhaust and all the greddy pillar guages it looked unassuming..... until that turbo spooled up... damn i miss that....

I picked it up about 4 years ago.. a few months after the fire. drove it for about 2 weeks, messes up the tranny and parked it. I was so heart broken after all the work on the old car that I lost interest.

Working as a full time fire fighter you get alot of grief when you car catches fire....

NewGen

Authorized Seller
Its never really run right since the swap. It'll miss at idle and at 4k rpm at WOT. I have a feeling its the wiring but i'm hoping not because its going to be a bitch to fix :( . I've tried replacing map sensor, ignitor, cop's, plugs (gaped to .028.), replaced the wiring to the coil packs, injectors, ecu (its a mines ecu now.). I'm about to pull the harness again and shorten it about 8 inches. I extended it to far in the first place.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 21.

Oh I got about a decade and some on ya... but feel free if you are downtown to say hi at the bars.... DJ Doc Roberts is my other persona when I am working the club scene. I travel in and out of town for it but you'll hear me around town.