I told you so

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
A 1987 supra turbo with a T70 turbo I just finished building. I keep telling my friend Frank that he shouldn't drink and drive and drive drunk. Because one day it wil come and bite him in the ass when he is least expecting it. But who would listen to someone with experience. Tonight he came over to my house with a big bottle of Bacardi Gold. I left with my brother to go watch Sherlock Holmes. There was other people at the house too. They were also drinking. And I left way before anybody got drunk. I asked another friend to not let him drive home. I told him not to drive home. He said he was gonna sleep in his car. I left about an hour and a half later I get a call that he wrecked his car. I left the movie early and went to get him. The bottle of Bacardi was dry and the car is fucked. He ran off the road and hit two pine trees on the way. No brakes were applied. The car was drivable enough to make it to the house. We got to the house and he stood up to his older brother. And now his car isn't the only thing that is fucked up. I will try to get pics of the car tomorrow. Just a quick description: Driver side rear-quarter panel is smashed in. Driver fender is smashed. Bottom on driver door is smashed. He hit so hard the wing flew off. The whole front end is pushed in from the center of the car about a foot. And the hood is wrinkled. :nono::nono:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Time to buy another shell. It'll be a damn site cheaper and easier to swap everything over than to repair the damage since the rear 1/4 panel is a royal PITA to replace and the front end damage sounds like the repairs would be extensive.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Authorized Seller
It seems like you can find a decent MkIII shell for cheap, and a radiator, fan setup and intercooler/piping don't seem terrible. A T-70 and supporting upgrades, mods and electronics are the expensive parts. Another expense would be the court costs if there were police and a DUI/DWI involved [though it doesn't sound like that is the case by the story]. More expensive yet are the medical costs that could be associated with this wreck [though again, it seems like he is alright by the story].
He should feel damn lucky that a smashed MkIII is all he got for his foolishness. I don't think he deserves this one, and I don't think he will get another "gimmie" in life quite this generous. He needs to take this lesson and keep it in his brain every time he even thinks about drinking.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
the front end is fucked body wise. but the unibody is straight. all the body are perfect. i took pics and a vid today. ill try to get them posted asap.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
He was really close to the house. Hes lucky there was trees or he would have ran right into a church. I went and looked at the site today and the pine tree he hit was uprooted and split in half. The motor is fine. I have the shell from my 87 supra I going to sell to him. New fenders are on the car and the driver 1/4 is perfect. I have a brand new hood, bumper and nose piece. Were gonna try and cut the 1/4 panel and fit it to his car. The radiator support is bent back. I'm just gonna cut it out and fab up a new one and move the radiator more to the front.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
There coming. I'm having them e-mailed to me tomorrow. I took them with a friends phone.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'll take the t70 off his hands..Seems he won't be needing it any longer.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
He was driving drunk hit two trees and wrecked his car. Yesterday he hit two trees tomorrow he could kill two people. Do everyone a favor and buy the guy another bottle of Bacardi. Get him real passed out drunk and put him behind the wheel of his wrecked car with the keys in the ignition and call the cops.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
People who drive while intoxicated need many many ass whippings.....even if they don't wreck. Hopefully his brother beat some sense into him.

Inforthepics.

Lovesick Siren

<B><I>Ice Princess</I></B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
. . . What a dick. I hope the buzz was worth risking other people's lives. Sounds like someone needs to get his priorities straight.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
I'll take the t70 off his hands..Seems he won't be needing it any longer.
I don't approve of the fact that he was drunk driving. BUT.... The front end has already been torn apart and all the parts are sitting in the garage. This was sorta like a godsend to me. I had a 87 supra sitting and I needed money Baddddd. So I sold him all the parts. Maybe next time there wont be a second chance. For him or his car.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller

johnd

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Its hard enough not to risk your life and or someone elses with these cars, never mind driving drunk.:3d_frown:

Moy

It's broken...
Authorized Seller
If the driver is the one smiling like "hey I'm proud of this" he deserves to be shot >.<

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
He fucked that thing up good, I'm surprised you guys are trying to save it.
We're trying? More like I'm trying. I'm his "Mechanic". So he says. I just want to see it back on the road. And if I fix the front end that means I get to do it the way I want to. I've always wanted to see the radiator a little further towards the front. And the radiator support is fucked so I have to weld a custom one. And now since the bumper support is off I can cut it for a bigger IC like I've always wanted to. I guess since I'm too scared to do it to my car I get to use his POS as a mock-up car. I haven't figured out how I'm gonna do the rear-quarter yet. ????

If anybody has any input on how to replace the rear-quarter please let me know.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Stock IC piping on a t70? Is that wise..?

dude looks like a douche, cause he looks proud of himself..

get him a civic instead..

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Authorized Seller
Contributor
After that, you're going to put a big FMIC on it with a cut/removed crash bar? :3d_frown:

screaminglemon

))((
Authorized Seller
you are not helping anyone by fixing this fuck-tards car and putting him back behind the wheel. seriously, if this were my "friend" i would un-friend him. i could never hang with someone who has such a total disregard for other peoples lives.
your friend is an alcoholic and you are an enabler. seriously consider an al-anon meeting.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
After that, you're going to put a big FMIC on it with a cut/removed crash bar? :3d_frown:
He said no more drinking. And i've been friends with him for a little over a decade. I can't just un-friend him.

And I was wanting to cut and reinforce the bumper support for a big FMIC.
Like I said i'll just use this as a mock-up car because i'm too afraid to do it to my own. And then see how it works.

And razo I really don't know if it is wise. He didn't have the car running long enough to figure that out.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Why not just angle the intercooler? That's what I did with my decently sized IC, and I didn't have to modify anything.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Authorized Seller
Why not just angle the intercooler? That's what I did with my decently sized IC, and I didn't have to modify anything.
I don't know man. I did angle mine for a while until I swapped my motor and tranny into a new shell. I cut the little lip on the back of the bumper support and welded it closed. And then cut a section out of ther center piece for the nose piece so my intercooler will sit straight. And it works fine. I just figured why not.