I take no joy in doing this, but AVOID YotaConnectors.com. Shit service and the dude owes me my harness or money, and he refuses to respond.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
Interesting. My '88 GE definitely has the earlier distributor.

The "late" model looks strange... How does the rotor plug on? The early one is definitely a distributor, as the rotor pushes onto the D shaft. The late one looks like a CPS, not a distributor.

Did the GE ever not have a distributor?

andrew_mx83

Authorized Seller
Pretty sure GE and GTE heads are identical and both have the deeper pocket for the shaft.

My only thought for the longer shaft was to make up for the rotor button which would throw the shaft out of balance.

The rotor button bolts onto the 2 outermost holes in the trigger wheel. It is definitely a distributor although no reason it couldn't be run as just a CPS I guess.

Just saw this style brand new on Ebay for $168, not a bad deal. I dont see why it wouldn't work for a GTE providing the coils spec out the same.

Reactions: the t3d

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Pretty sure GE and GTE heads are identical and both have the deeper pocket for the shaft.

My only thought for the longer shaft was to make up for the rotor button which would throw the shaft out of balance.

The rotor button bolts onto the 2 outermost holes in the trigger wheel. It is definitely a distributor although no reason it couldn't be run as just a CPS I guess.

Just saw this style brand new on Ebay for $168, not a bad deal. I dont see why it wouldn't work for a GTE providing the coils spec out the same.
You live in Melbourne, Australia or Florida?

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
FYI, the YotaConnectors website was showing as "expired" yesterday, and now is just not coming up at all. Still have a 2 month old order pending and zero responses to emails. I anticipated having a somewhat lengthy wait for the order, but now I suspect I'll be SOL for getting a refund.

• Sad
Reactions: figgie

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Saw that noted on SF.
Sounds like people are lucky they got anything from him at all.
I know after the 1 experience I had with him I'd never order anything again.

Reactions: figgie

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Authorized Seller
FYI, the YotaConnectors website was showing as "expired" yesterday, and now is just not coming up at all. Still have a 2 month old order pending and zero responses to emails. I anticipated having a somewhat lengthy wait for the order, but now I suspect I'll be SOL for getting a refund.
When I ordered my knock sensor rewire kit and coil pack wires, it did take a number of months. I did have some success reaching out via Facebook messenger. That way I could see when the message was seen, then I'd send a follow up after a week or so. That seemed to be more reliable than email. Still took a long time.

Full disclosure: I haven't installed the parts yet.

Not a defense, just trying to be helpful in getting you either your product or your refund. Hope this helps!

-Nick

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
Yeah, I've heard about Facebook as being a better avenue to get an update, but not an option for me as I deactivated from there years ago. And from at least what one other person is saying, he's not responding there either now.

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Authorized Seller
Yeah, I've heard about Facebook as being a better avenue to get an update, but not an option for me as I deactivated from there years ago. And from at least what one other person is saying, he's not responding there either now.
That's a shame man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Last I heard he was chasing a job promotion pretty strenuously for a while. Or maybe it was a massive project needing completion? I cant recall exactly but basically his 9-5 became a much bigger part of his life.

I've deactivated mine as well, but I somehow still have access to messenger. It might be worth a shot trying to log in to messenger to shoot him a message.

Reactions: sinistar_xx