I take no joy in doing this, but AVOID YotaConnectors.com. Shit service and the dude owes me my harness or money, and he refuses to respond.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
His selection is great, the website looks good, but this dude is a horrible business owner. And I've from other customers on how they have been waiting MONTHS for their shit. I'm almost at a month and a half. I've messaged him a variety of times, being as patient and kind as possible, and still no response. He's read them, but refuses to respond. He sent me half my order because he ordered the wrong wire for my CPS harness kit, and the parts that I did get were great. After that, the dude just fell off. He still owes me my $35 harness kit and I don't expect to see it or my money back ever again. So, FUCK YOU, RON!

I ended up buying wire from Amazon, purchased terminals/connectors from Cycleterminal.com (AWESOME PLACE), and new crimpers so I can make my own damn harness replacement.

Feel free to post up your favorite/recommended online Toyota connector suppliers so other members can bookmark them for a rainy day (myself included).

Thanks for listening!

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Very sorry to hear about your experience with them. If they owe you money then I would see if you can talk to your credit card company you paid with to see if they can step in.

I ordered twice from them in 2017 and 2018 and even back then it took like a month to get my first $200 order worth of connectors. I remember they were the cheapest for a stock engine wiring harness rebuild which was around $500 and it did say there was a longer turnaround when I checked it out in those years.

Reactions: the t3d

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Dang. That's a shame.

I've only placed 1 order through him. Took forever to get the parts, I won't be ordering anything there again.
Regardless of your experiences.

Only thing I can think of is that he runs the business alone.
So he focuses his time and energy on the bigger dollar items first and let's everything else take 2nd priority.
The non responsiveness is inexcusable though.

If there is 1 thing I know I must do for any of my customers, keep them informed. Bar none. Good news or bad news always keep people in the loop.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Dang. That's a shame.

I've only placed 1 order through him. Took forever to get the parts, I won't be ordering anything there again.
Regardless of your experiences.

Only thing I can think of is that he runs the business alone.
So he focuses his time and energy on the bigger dollar items first and let's everything else take 2nd priority.
The non responsiveness is inexcusable though.

If there is 1 thing I know I must do for any of my customers, keep them informed. Bar none. Good news or bad news always keep people in the loop.
Exactly! I was very polite about it. I told him if there's an issue, that's fine, but just let me know so I can plan around it. This harness was a key component to getting my car back on the road, and now I am making my own and spending more money. I was like just send me the connector with the pigtails and forget the harness, and return most of my money. NO RESPONSE. What a bitch. Hate that shit.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Feel free to post up your favorite/recommended online Toyota connector suppliers so other members can bookmark them for a rainy day (myself included).

Thanks for listening!
First, tough to hear about your situation. Hopefully there is an amicable resolution for all parties involved.

On the connectors, most of the connectors are TE Connectivity connectors (AMP brand).

example

Injectors are Jr Timer connectors
Water Temp gauge is a 2 position TE connector (Jeff Lange posted that info in my build thread, TE Part # 184004-1 with a C Key arraignment).

On the wire to wire connectors, ignore what is on there and use what is available.

As an example, the Ignitor to coil pack connector is 4 pin. Just use a 4 pin Deutsch Male and Female connector and call it a day. Same applies to any connectors that is wire to wire through out. BTW, funny enough Deutsch Connectors are also TE owned.

The difficult ones to try to find are the ones molded into the part such as the injectors (that was done) and the Ignition coil pack (not discovered).

Hope this helps!

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
This is a copy paste from another thread where we have already discussed places to order parts from.

Harness parts:
https://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=107
http://www.cycleterminal.com/mt-series-090.html
https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/SM-MT/sm-mt.html

I have been seriously impressed with Corsa Technic.
If they don't have the part you are looking for they will go out of their way to locate it.
I have had them add like 4x products to their catalog already.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
This is a copy paste from another thread where we have already discussed places to order parts from.

Harness parts:
https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/SM-MT/sm-mt.html

If they don't have the part you are looking for they will go out of their way to locate it.
Ditto,

I had them specifically add the Sumitomo connectors for the GTR Ignition coils.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller

Harness parts:

Just bookmarked those suckers. Just to note, get the ignition style connectors in the male and female combo. They are a smidge different than the stock ones. The replacements have an external grove on both of the sides of the connector. The connector that you get from YotaConnectors is the exact same as the stock ones, but these replacements from the other stores are hair different. I found that out after I soldered in the Yotaconnector one. I ended up removing the pins and wires from that one and just snapped them in to the ones I got from cycleterminal.com. I'm not trying to use the stock connector as it is old and brittle. If I can remove the wires without breaking anything, I may hold on to it and add fresh wire pigtails to it for another CPS I'm rebuilding.

Man, if I wasn't in school, I think I would enjoy making these harnesses for our cars. It's kind of relaxing.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Ditto,

I had them specifically add the Sumitomo connectors for the GTR Ignition coils.
Are these the ones you are referring to?

4 pin MT .090 - 2.3mm Male and Female locking connector

Comes with Terminals and seals Sumitomo p/n: 6188-0004 and 6180-4771

These are the ones that I bought that are a little bit different than the stock ones.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Good to see parts being revived.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Good to see parts being revived.
I mean if the resistance values are checking out for the pick-up coils and oscilloscope is reading good output voltage, why not freshen them up? Now, if I could find a magnet replacement or higher output pick-up coils in the CPS, then we would have something. The magnet mod does enhance the output signal, but having a fresh, beefier magnets and coils would be the shit.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Not sure, but I *think* this was the same business that had to take a break a while back for personal reasons. I hope everything's alright with him if it's the same guy.

I run a couple small (tiny) businesses and while I stay on top of comms, often within minutes, I can understand that if you're a one man show and life goes sideways on you, business emails/texts/facebook may as well not exist.

When I redid my harness I used Toyota/Amazon/DrTweak/ebay/Eastern Beaver/Cycleterminal. It was quite the scavenger hunt.

Reactions: debrucer

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
suggestion:: this may not be worth your while, but if it is I'd file a complaint with the F.T.C. I'm pretty sure they have a Automotive department.

Last edited:

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
suggestion:: this may not be worth your while, but if it is I'd file a complaint with the F.T.C. I'm pretty sure they have a Automotive department.
I still haven't heard a fuckin word from this dude. So if I can get my 40 bucks back, that's 40 bucks, man. So, thanks for the input.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
I still haven't heard a fuckin word from this dude. So if I can get my 40 bucks back, that's 40 bucks, man. So, thanks for the input.
wow 40 bucks, yeah I would spend the half hour to fill out the form, at this point you have nothing to lose and this will wake Ron up, and he'll think twice before he does it again, that's too bad that happened. Good Luck!

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
wow 40 bucks, yeah I would spend the half hour to fill out the form, at this point you have nothing to lose and this will wake Ron up, and he'll think twice before he does it again, that's too bad that happened. Good Luck!
lol of course as I am literally filling out the form, I go check the mail, the harness finally arrives. This dude sucks.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Suprise! He shipped it!
Good communication from him for sure...

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yeah that's pretty shitty.
What harness is it?
Something for the CPS?

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Yeah that's pretty shitty.
What harness is it?
Something for the CPS?
Yeah it's the CPS replacement harness kit he sells. I bought colored rolls of wire on Amazon, connectors and pins from another store, and the crimper tool to put it all together. The dude made me waste 40 bucks on his shit.

SeclusiveGTRS

Authorized Seller
I mean if the resistance values are checking out for the pick-up coils and oscilloscope is reading good output voltage, why not freshen them up? Now, if I could find a magnet replacement or higher output pick-up coils in the CPS, then we would have something. The magnet mod does enhance the output signal, but having a fresh, beefier magnets and coils would be the shit.
I actually found some replacement magnets that I used in a friend's 7MGTE CPS. They're from a 87 - 91 3VZFE Distributor. They worked great (Just had to set the air gap once I installed them, used open barrel splices to extend the wires). I used TXL Wire that I bought from ebay (18 AWG). Definitely made a difference in my friend's car once it was said and done.

Attachments

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Cool find.
1987-1991 Camry?
Are the resistance values in the range of the TSRM / stock units?

SeclusiveGTRS

Authorized Seller
Cool find.
1987-1991 Camry?
Are the resistance values in the range of the TSRM / stock units?
At the time I did this, the resistance values were well within TSRM spec. I literally bought two 3VZFE Distributors just for the magnets. Yes, 87 - 91 camry would be what to look for.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Digging around at some other models from that generation:
Looks like these models also use a similar style pickup coil.
- 1989 Landcruiser 4.0L
- 1989 Pickup 3.0L V6

Extend the year search out for each generation range.

I would guess the pickup and Camry have the most abundant amount of parts, since those were produced in high numbers.

Cool stuff.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
So I might have found a good candidate to steal new coils from.
PN: 19100-65010

I see them new for $50.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Yeah it's the CPS replacement harness kit he sells. I bought colored rolls of wire on Amazon, connectors and pins from another store, and the crimper tool to put it all together. The dude made me waste 40 bucks on his shit.
Man, and i literally had people saying to me that yota sells them at $40, told them i have it here. I did sell it with cps.

Are the coils a magnet center with a coil winding around it? If so, wasy back i used to rewind Brushed RC motors. Just need to source the coated copper wires at the correct gauge.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Man, and i literally had people saying to me that yota sells them at $40, told them i have it here. I did sell it with cps.

Are the coils a magnet center with a coil winding around it? If so, wasy back i used to rewind Brushed RC motors. Just need to source the coated copper wires at the correct gauge.
Yeah, the harness is made with quality at least and uses the OEM style connectors. The links with similar connector replacements were slightly different, so both male and female connectors needed to be replaced together.

I'm not sure about the Ne pickup coil, as it's a different style compared to the G1 and G2, which is the ones that they are talking about. I remember the wiring runs through the mount and the magnet is like sandwiched between there. I'd be tempted to just break one apart to see the inside. Same with the Ne one.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
So I might have found a good candidate to steal new coils from.
PN: 19100-65010

I see them new for $50.
Is that a Toyota part number? And that's a much better deal. The 7mge uses the same exact coils for G1 and G2, and the best price I found for a new distributor was like 115 shipped. The Ne pickup coil is the replacement is really want to find.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yep it's the Toyota PN.
All 3 of the coils look the same to me.
The wiring layout is a bit different, but should be able to fix easily by de-pinning and re orienting everything.
Even the grommet through the housing looks similar.

I uploaded 2 images and rotated them to the same orientation.
Have a look.

Reactions: figgie

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Yep it's the Toyota PN.
All 3 of the coils look the same to me.
The wiring layout is a bit different, but should be able to fix easily by de-pinning and re orienting everything.
Even the grommet through the housing looks similar.

I uploaded 2 images and rotated them to the same orientation.
Have a look.

Oh shit. That's awesome. Bookmarking this for sure. Good find man!

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I have one in route, so I will check back in when I can compare them in hand.
Measurements / fitment / resistance checks, ect...
I also have a spare CPS with a bad coil I will go ahead and rebuild using the guts from the new one. ( If possible)

Seems like a good option if it actually will work!
Based on the photos it will, but you never know.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Ok. I thought I had a spare CPS, must have thrown it out.
Dang.
Need to pick up a CPS core to rebuild.

Anybody got one lying around somewhere?

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Ok. I thought I had a spare CPS, must have thrown it out.
Dang.
Need to pick up a CPS core to rebuild.

Anybody got one lying around somewhere?
I have an extra one that I soldered and heatshrinked new wires and connectors into, but it has the same old coils. They are within spec though. Facebook marketplace for Supra classifieds have been helpful for me lately. I do like having a spare but if you can't find one, I'll consider letting it go for this experiment