I replaced my throttle linkage now my engine idles high

Guerra1413

So my throttle linkage was bad and I changed it to a new one, and now it feels better cause now it comes back up when you push the pedal down but when I went to start it the engine revved all the way up to 2800, and climbing so I cut off the engine. And started it 2 more times and each time the rpm were a little lower. I went and checked the throttle it seemed to be fine I pushed it back a little bit to see if it would change anything and i started it again and it idled at 1500 rpm and also when I put on the ac the rpm dropped to 1300 so now after letting it idle for a minute I gave it some gas and it just shot the rpms up and kept climbing so I cut it off again I’m kinda lost on where to start looking such as a vacuum leak or my throttle linkage is bad

Guerra1413

So I was looking at the throttle linkage today, and discovered that a part of the bracket that the throttle linking sits on is preventing the throttle from returning all the way. So now I’m debating if it would be best to sand that part of the bracket down. I’m putting a pic up (blue is is where is contacting) (red is the part getting stuck)

Attachments

Bmettie

Authorized Seller
Its the bushings in the linkage, happened to me years ago. I ended up grinding the stud off, getting some Ace hardware brass bushings, delrin spacers and a nice tight fitting shoulder bolt. Worked like a charm