How to Fix MK3 Supra Window Switch

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
Another task I can't take credit for, but sharing pics of the process. In my case, I could not get the passenger side to roll up from the driver side switch. Passenger side switch worked just fine. You really have to take the switch assembly apart completely (although since the window lock button didn't want to budge, I left that on and just cracked it open enough to get at all the contacts of concern).

You do need to take off both button caps (gently), especially as two screws are blocked by the driver side button cap. Then, at least for the passenger side window control, there's two silver "rocker bars" that make contact with circular copper contacts. Either the bars or the copper bits can be fouled up and need to be cleaned. I used the sprays pictured, and some tweezers are helpful to get those bars and anything else that falls out back in place.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Another task I can't take credit for, but sharing pics of the process. In my case, I could not get the passenger side to roll up from the driver side switch. Passenger side switch worked just fine. <SNIP>
Nice write-up. I saw one of these switches for sale today on FB for $100. That's steep enough to make one think about parting out instead of repairing... okay, not my car, but, still....

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
Nice write-up. I saw one of these switches for sale today on FB for $100. That's steep enough to make one think about parting out instead of repairing... okay, not my car, but, still....
It's a little bit of work and a bit dicey handling the old plastic bits, but I was honestly pleasantly surprised that you can resurrect these old parts at all.

Reactions: debrucer