How many of you watch FOX news?

Do you watch Fox news?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Don't watch the news at all

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I heard that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was on...

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Kai keeps making my point for me.

Your comments about French healthcare don't support what you claim is fine there in England old chap. (Notice you admit your system in England does truely suck, but then you claim it's better or at least equal to what we have here that we pay for out of our pockets....)

The problem with medicine and healthcare in the USA is that those that pay, SUBSIDIZE the cost of treating the illegal's and those with no health care and no assets to collect to pay for it. (IE the poor.)

When I pay 15.00 per pill in a US hospital, it's so they can pay for the cost of providing free pills to some bum who has no job, or some illegal who dropped over the border to pop out a baby and now they are using their child as a anchor to stay here and suck on the teat that America has become.

When I was living overseas, the reality is English and Canadian Dr's could be hired for much less than American Dr's. Why is that you ask? BECAUSE THEY MAKE LESS MONEY IN ENGLAND AND CANADA, so they will work for less in Saudi, Iran or wherever a company wants to hire them. I don't think as a rule they are less competent, but as a rule American Dr's are not out having 4 beers before they perform surgery later in the day. And I know that's happening in England right now because having a few pint's for lunch is not taboo. Much to every Englishman's detriment when it comes to your Dr's. (I never want a drunk Dr. to work on me, and I hope you feel the same about yourself.)

Our healthcare system is not perfect, but for those with money, and insurance, it is awesome. For those on welfare and enjoying the high price of my healthcare, it's not only awesome, it's free for them too. (Sucks for those of us who work, pay our taxes, pay for our health insurance and then end up paying for some slob to get excellent free healthcare, but the healthcare is there when I need it, and that's what matters to me.)

The French way of 70/30 sounds interesting. Especially since I would have insurance that pays the other 30% or most of it anyway. Every system is a trade off on what my total taxes are. Both those from the Government, and those "taxes" of paying my insurance premiums etc.

And now to teeth. For a few years, I was very seriously working towards being a dentist here in the USA. When I realized that I hated looking into different dirty, smelly mouths all the time, I changed my direction, and ended up working with vehicles, and I love it. (The pay is less in the long run, but it's a living, and I don't have to scale some old bugger's teeth to make a living.) So, what is my opinion based on? Well I worked for a guy who was a UCLA professor of Public Health. Oral Public Health to be exact, and he was very interested in culture, and national origin of people and their general state of oral health.

Good example is cultures who sip tea through sugar cubes tend to have hidous oral health. It's not uncommon to see mid 30 year olds with little or no teeth left. They have all developed cavities, and lost teeth to them and gum disease at an age where people in developed countries might see an average of a few fillings and the odd tooth loss due to injury or accident. Education, and oral care and hygine is critical here too. If you brushed your teeth 2x per day, and especially after your tea and sugar, your oral health would be much better than someone who did not.

Is is only a Western thing? Nope. In Saudi, they have for many years used a root to "brush" and clean their teeth. As a rule, most Saudi's have pretty good oral health as a result of that practice.

The comments about English oral health, especially the lack of orthadonture is due to the high cost, and the lack of government support for paying that cost. Braces are expensive, and with people paying it out of pocket, few get the corrective measures taken when they need them, and oral health suffers. (Poorly aligned teeth are harder to clean, and in some cases can damage each other when you chew.)

Ok, so back to politics and news reporting....

I'm with the 1 to 100 scale, and I think FOX is about as close to a 50 as it get's. (With the BBC being nearly off the scale to the left side of that metric, and oh, someone like the Christian news reporters being to the right side of the scale.)

Masticate on that one :)

mc_h

Authorized Seller
SupraDerk said:
You can't be serious...

You think our news is far right? Fox is as far right as it gets and I would say out of a scale of a 100 with 1 being as far left as you can go, 100 being as far right as you can go and 50 being the center, Fox is at it's most biased time like a 60.

Every other news channel is well below the 50 mark...sorry to inform you but American news (excluding talk radio which is pretty conservative) is INCREDIBLY liberal and left leaning.
Without a doubt...All I can say is if you ever get the chance to watch TV up here in toronto...try CBC, CTV, city pulse, whichever...It's disgusting how left-wing biased they all are. It gets to the point where I don't even watch it for local news because EVERY time without fail, they get their anti-American accept-terrorism, pro-gay(moreso when the gay pride parade comes to town) approach in there...

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Authorized Seller
mc_h said:
Without a doubt...All I can say is if you ever get the chance to watch TV up here in toronto...try CBC, CTV, city pulse, whichever...It's disgusting how left-wing biased they all are. It gets to the point where I don't even watch it for local news because EVERY time without fail, they get their anti-American accept-terrorism, pro-gay(moreso when the gay pride parade comes to town) approach in there...
::hah:: Thats right up cryotrash's alley!:momaru:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
91T breezen' said:
::hah:: Thats right up cryotrash's alley!:momaru:
okay there. You also agreed to watch fox news which is terrible right wing. Now you ask yourself why there are movies based upon the damn company, which as a news team has done the smallest amount of research of all time. Count how many times they use the phrase "some people say"
Oh and i love the pm's you're sending me, i love them :rofl:
edit. Whats wrong with gay's anyway? why do you target them? like seriously grow up mc_h.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
okay there. You also agreed to watch fox news which is terrible right wing. Now you ask yourself why there are movies based upon the damn company, which as a news team has done the smallest amount of research of all time. Count how many times they use the phrase "some people say"
Oh and i love the pm's you're sending me, i love them :rofl:
edit. Whats wrong with gay's anyway? why do you target them? like seriously grow up mc_h.
What's wrong with gays? A better question would be...What's NOT wrong with them? Grow up? Right. I shouldn't have expected anything better given that you live in toronto. Fucking liberals, I swear... :biglaugh:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
What's wrong with gays? A better question would be...What's NOT wrong with them? Grow up? Right. I shouldn't have expected anything better given that you live in toronto. Fucking liberals, I swear... :biglaugh:
Huh? so what exactly is wrong with them? you fail yto mention to me.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
Huh? so what exactly is wrong with them? you fail yto mention to me.
Why the hell should I have to justify what's wrong with them? This country was formed on the foundation of Christianity, just like America was...Regardless of the whole "first amendment argument" down there. Everybody knows this...It's why they have "In God We Trust" on their bills, it's why we have "God" in our national anthem.
Gays are morally wrong, their lifestyle should not be accepted, let alone encouraged by people like you. Not to mention the increase of STD's due to them...And guess who pays for them to get medical treatment? The taxpayers, of course.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
Why the hell should I have to justify what's wrong with them? This country was formed on the foundation of Christianity, just like America was...Regardless of the whole "first amendment argument" down there. Everybody knows this...It's why they have "In God We Trust" on their bills, it's why we have "God" in our national anthem.
Gays are morally wrong, their lifestyle should not be accepted, let alone encouraged by people like you. Not to mention the increase of STD's due to them...And guess who pays for them to get medical treatment? The taxpayers, of course.
the gay population pay taxes too so i dont see your point. And we built this country on christianity bs, its gettign old. Just because you built it on it doesnt mean it cant change.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
the gay population pay taxes too so i dont see your point. And we built this country on christianity bs, its gettign old. Just because you built it on it doesnt mean it cant change.
Name ONE positive aspect to gays. Please, enlighten us all.
Home grown terrorists pay taxes too - I guess that means it was A-OK for our government to let them out on bail, right? They contributed to society as well...I don't have anything against gay people, I have everything against their lifestyle.

It's getting old? Yea, because ignorant kids like yourself don't realize that if it weren't for history and the past, you wouldn't be here. Nor would any of the things you enjoy today.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Authorized Seller
mc_h said:
Name ONE positive aspect to gays.
Gays dont contribute to over population.

mc_h said:
It's getting old? Yea, because ignorant kids like yourself don't realize that if it weren't for history and the past, you wouldn't be here. Nor would any of the things you enjoy today.
I enjoy dirt...Im sure that would still be here.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
Yellow 13 said:
Gays dont contribute to over population.
No, they do not contribute to over population - But here in North America, we don't exactly have the problem of over population...Especially here in Canada, birth rates are so low that if it weren't for immigration, our population would be on a steady DECLINE.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
Name ONE positive aspect to gays. Please, enlighten us all.
Home grown terrorists pay taxes too - I guess that means it was A-OK for our government to let them out on bail, right? They contributed to society as well...I don't have anything against gay people, I have everything against their lifestyle.

would i care if nothing was here? i dont think so considering i come from a farming family so im sure i would get by.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Authorized Seller
mc_h said:
No, they do not contribute to over population - But here in North America, we don't exactly have the problem of over population...Especially here in Canada, birth rates are so low that if it weren't for immigration, our population would be on a steady DECLINE.
Thats cause Canadians dont know which hole to use....

JK to you canadians out there.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
would i care if nothing was here? i dont think so considering i come from a farming family so im sure i would get by.
Yea, we all came from a farming family at one point. It's one thing to say that, it's another thing to live it.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
Yea, we all came from a farming family at one point. It's one thing to say that, it's another thing to live it.
i dont see what you're getting at because i do it every summer still... can you elaborate?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Our newest Pinks episode:

Cryoslash VS mc h................coming to the Speed Channel nearest you.........lol

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
you're right, i doubt you have the mental capacity to operate a motor vehicle.

SNAP.
Funny, because even my daily driver would fist your heap of lumber. Just like eric was raping bpu mk3's at the track with his volvo :biglaugh:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
Funny, because even my daily driver would fist your heap of lumber. Just like eric was raping bpu mk3's at the track with his volvo :biglaugh:
huh? what does eric's volvo have to do with anything? and your daily driver 14 second probe? not likely.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
huh? what does eric's volvo have to do with anything? and your daily driver 14 second probe? not likely.
It has everything to do with it.
I doubt you've even raced your car ONCE.
Make it worth my while(IE pay for my gas...a drum of xylene will do) and I'll bring the supra out in spring. Not car lengths, not bus lengths....Cornfield lengths. Enough said.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
It has everything to do with it.
I doubt you've even raced your car ONCE.
Make it worth my while(IE pay for my gas...a drum of xylene will do) and I'll bring the supra out in spring. Not car lengths, not bus lengths....Cornfield lengths. Enough said.
my car will be finishing its rebuild then, and considering i drive about 10 kms a day, the break in period is gonna take a loooong time.

mc_h

Authorized Seller
CryoSlash said:
my car will be finishing its rebuild then, and considering i drive about 10 kms a day, the break in period is gonna take a loooong time.
Who only drives it 10km a day for a break-in period? Seriously, that's dumb.
But how convenient...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Authorized Seller
Contributor
mc_h said:
Who only drives it 10km a day for a break-in period? Seriously, that's dumb.
But how convenient...
i drive to the GO station and back home. maybe if i find a job that pays enough for eevrythign i have planned plus more, then i will drive my car more. i do not think i need to drive more then that a day for the break in period anyway.
and what is convenient? that i drive so little or my rebuild is happeneing>?

Status
Not open for further replies.