HKS Dual Tip Exhaust Specs

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Authorized Seller
Hi all...tried to search, but apparently “HKS” is too short? Does anybody who has bought the HKS dual tip exhaust for the MK3 (75mm) know what the lengths of the muffler and the resonator are? And is the muffler a “direct” type like the Dynomax UltraFlo’s? I want to construct a similar custom exhaust, but I wanted to get an idea of what the specs are. Thanks!

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
I don't have any problem with mine being short, if your cat is short it will pull the whole cat back forward. I can measure the muffler and resonator next time I'm out there. the muffler isn't straight though it's a baffled system I believe which is why it's so quite.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
What exhaust is on your car now? If its stock cant u just use that as a guide, increase the diameter and insert your muffler of choice to construct your own? My car originally came with the hks sport and it fit like stock. If the lenght is the issue run a test pipe and adjust the lenght accordingly. I had a machine shop take a few inches out of my test pipe with my random tech. down pipe and blitz nur spec exhaust.

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Authorized Seller
Thanks for the input. If anyone wanted to take measurements I would appreciate it.

If the lenght is the issue run a test pipe and adjust the lenght accordingly.
Haha...I think there was a misunderstanding. I was saying that the phrase “HKS” was too short for the search.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
HKS 75mm turbo exhaust. It is a straight through, and about as good as you can get performance wise. It is also quiet. The other part is the resonator, since the muffler is straight through, and not baffled like Supra internet lore.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
This is my inspection camera being pulled out of the inside of the HKS LET-T16 muffler starting at the input bend (see Nick's post above) through the muffler and out the tips.

This confirms it is a straight through design.

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Authorized Seller
This is my inspection camera being pulled out of the inside of the HKS LET-T16 muffler starting at the input bend (see Nick's post above) through the muffler and out the tips.

Thank you! This is great. So it's definitely a straight-through. Is the muffler about the same length as the stock one?

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor

I know it is a couple of months ago now....I have a digital photo somewhere of the straight path through. Video works too.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Authorized Seller
I have the HKS Super Dragger II. I love how the exhaust sounds and how quiet it is. BUT I hate the size of the can.

This is a great looking exhaust and so is the Tanabe Hyper Medallion