High compression high RPM 7M-GE build

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
A direct replacement oil drive gear (new, not modded stocker) would be nice, I would buy one.

I assume it's a different size than the cam gears?

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Can you cnc machine a new billet steel oil pump drive pulley?
Any experience case hardening the teeth profile area for the belt?
Possibly undersized for increasing the oil output?

On the failed part can you tell from the fractured surface what type of material they used for it?
Sintered steel?
Yes they are sintered steel, one common reason for failure is that to remove or install them typically something is pried against the spoke. If it leaves an indents or marks that can provide a starting point for stress fractures. 5M pullies are commonly uses as they have round holes rather than spokes and are not susceptible to fracturing. Gordon on SF made a few utilizing an aftermarket CV which also added a bit of overdrive. our belts have a bit of a unique tooth profile so sourcing something is not the easiest.

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1032041-7M-oil-pump-drive-pulley-issues

Last edited:

andrew_mx83

Authorized Seller
Barwork:
Ok well i needed a Roo bar, rock sliders, snorkel, roof rack and really wanted some rollover protection as well so decided to tie it all together into something a bit stronger. Steered clear of the traditional exo cage shape in an attempt to draw less attention from the fuzz, but hoping this will still keep my gf and I somewhat safe in case of a rollover. The roof rack had to mount the roof top tent and still leave space to carry a 9' surfboard which is a bit of a bitch with limited roof space.

So i bought a shit load of tube and nek minut things got out of hand. This is my first attempt at any type of bar work so be gentle!!

Bought a crappy tube ebay spec tube bender/kinker that immediately went in the bin, then borrowed this beauty off a mate which does such a nice job by comparison

I already have an overqualified tube notcher:

Does a nice job also

Winch cradle

Start of a roo bar:

Now with radiator/headlight hoops that i dont really like but oh well they'll do

Ready for paint!

And finally fitted

andrew_mx83

Authorized Seller
Sliders:

Scrub bars, snorkel and start of a roof rack. Board sits about 15mm below where the RTT mounts and not much more off the roof skin to keep the overall height down

Now make stronger

andrew_mx83

Authorized Seller
Took it off, finished welding/painting then lifted everything on with the help of a couple mates on Friday night. Celebrated by heading out bush for the weekend!!

A while ago i skinned the tailgate in stainless sheet and secured the camping stove to it as well so we just fold down the tailgate and have the kitchen ready to go with no setup time :)

Home safe, nearly got to test out the roo bar but luckily just missed the bugger!!!

Still need to fit the rear awning for the kitchen, or sell both and buy a foxwing but finally getting towards the business end of having this thing setup for adventure times....