Hello from Canada

Ace-ington

Hello from Ontario, bought a 1988 mk3 supra na automatic back in november last year for $900. The car runs but the body needs alot of work (it doesnt look bad but some things aren't right with it), I have a 7mgte(gonna build it)but still need a 5spd, first time supra owner new to the supra community hoping to learn lots. FB_IMG_1566091240400.jpg FB_IMG_1566179326152.jpg

Reactions: debrucer

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Welcome!
Looks like someone already modified the original exterior trim.
Looks to be mostly removed and the body filling in the missing sections.
Or they bondo'ed around the trim and left it?
I can't really tell.

Ace-ington

Its metal at the back but I think the doors are bondo I used a magnet to check. I think the fenders were probably in bad shape at the back originally so they replaced both sides and I believe the back end between the tail lights have bondo on it too

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Welcome. Kinda intresting seeing how it looks now as the rear trim was removed. How has it been driving for you so far?

Ace-ington

It's not on the road yet but when I bought it it was drivin to me with dealer plates on it (I met the seller and they followed me to my place) and after I drove it down my sideroad and it seemed like it drove fine, suspension seems good, brakes are fine but this car was originally found at a junk yard. Based on what the ownership says and the state of the car this was someone's project car that never worked out for them. I want to bring back to original look and work from there and I have a parts car too so we will see what I can do about that. The Plan is to build a widebody, wasn't gonna originally but considering how much body work I have to do I might as well make it look awesome haha

Reactions: debrucer

ryangomes77

Hey Ace, welcome! I'm in Ontario as well by London. Nice car, body work doesn't look as bad as you say in these pics. Widebody would look sweet with the shaved look. If you are looking to swap to manual have you thought of a CD009 out of a 350z? Definitely would be plug and play compared to R154 but you can pick them up dirt cheap and it's a 6spd. Just a thought, I have a 7mgte on a W58 as I swapped mine from a GE, transmission is definitely a weak point but guys are asking almost 2 grand (CAD) for a transmission with 200k km or so.