Greddy TD06H-25G

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Currently have an 89 7m turbo 5 speed and the turbo needs new seals. A few years ago i bought a used Driftmotion 57 trim and was planning to send it to Albert soon for a rebuild/refresh before I install it. He had quoted me $250 - $300. For piece of mind I'd rather have it refreshed now then find out it needs new seals after I install it.

Yesterday I came across a Greddy TD06H-25G for sale for ~$350 The turbo is in good shape (would buy the rebuild kit anyways for ~$50) and the guy has the needed adaptor to mate it to the manifold and also gaskets. He is missing the oil return/feed hoses and the 2 coolant plugs since this turbo is oil only. I believe there is also an aluminum pipe that should come with the kit. I found this kit online and think it would address those issues.

My question is --- Since I only plan on running ~10 psi, should I get the Greddy since its roughly the same price as the 57trim or just stick with the rebuild57 trim. I understand the Greddy would out perform the 57 trim as a lot of people push 20 psi with it. I would assume at only 10 psi this would make my car slower than if i ran the 57 trim.

Anyone have any experience with this turbo vs the 57trim ct26?

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
the greddy kit did not come with an aluminum pipe or any of the bypass stuff for the water kit.

Turbos flow, pressure is resistance to that flow and as such 10 psi from a turbo that flows more is TOTALLY different than 10 psi from a turbo that flows less.

The TD06 turbo will hit a bit later than stock since it is bigger meaning a bit more turbo lag. TD06 will be more fun than the CT26 turbo and wont run out of flow at higher RPM.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
I figured you would chime in as I saw your older thread talking about this turbo years ago. Also found this link and i guess there is an upgraded rebuild kit with a 20G billet wheel

I guess ill sell my stock CT26, my DM ct26 and get this. That way if i ever want to run more boost I can.

I am no expert on turbos as I have never even removed one from my car before but I am about to. How hard is it to source oil lines for it? I assume that kit I showed earlier will work? Also does this fit the stock accordion hose? And will this bolt to my supra sport turbo elbow while using the adapter to bolt it to the manifold?

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
@SupraTrbo89

that kit will work just fine.

The accordian hose will work BUT if it is old, it will crack. A new one stretches enough not to be a problem.

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
My car made 266whp @ 10.5psi through the 20G with the stock compressor wheel, this was through an automatic too. So a 5spd car should make around 290whp with the same setup. I still havent gotten the chance to dyno my car with the billet wheel yet, I need to get the head rebuilt as I burned one of the intake valves when I was running an HKS VPC. The car is running a Megasquirt ECU now and once the head is rebuilt, i am hoping to see at least 390whp with the billet wheel if not more. A 25G is basically a Mitsubishi T-67 compressor wheel shoved in to a 20G compressor housing. If your hot side is one of the larger TD06 frames, then that turbo will support 500+ no problems.

Reactions: figgie

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
No the TD06 uses a T3 elbow, the Greddy kit i have on my car came with an elbow to mate up the factory or aftermarket downpipes. Shouldnt be difficult to have an elbow made though

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
This?

That listing has been on eBay for a long long time.
Yeah thats what came with the GReddy kit.

Is that needed to install this turbo?
You dont require that exact piece, as I said one can be made. Also, it depends if the waste gate port is open or sealed on the back of the turbine housing. GReddy sealed their TD06 turbos because they would use the same turbo for internal and external applications. If this is a generic T3 turbine housing then you would need a different elbow. It would be easier to have one made to be honest. However if its pattern is similar to the GReddy then yeah that piece on eBay would make things easier. Im a bit shocked at how much they want for it considering you can only use it on a few GReddy turbos.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yeah that's probably why it's been listed for over a year.
Probably will never find someone willing to pay that price for such a limited use piece.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Yeah that's probably why it's been listed for over a year.
Probably will never find someone willing to pay that price for such a limited use piece.
Right now I'm the ideal candidate to buy this piece and after realizing im going to end up spending ~$800 to get the turbo, elbow and oil lines I'll pass and just send my DM 57 trim to Albert Meade for a rebuild.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
It kind of blows my mind why kits that are made to go together are not kept together. Same thing goes for the HKS intercooler kit. Why would anyone separate the pieces...…...basically makes reselling it worthless. If I have to refab things to make it work you're better off going a different more cost effective route.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
It's just been too many years. Car parts start to get lost / separated.
There are some that are still together, but very few.

Key thing is care, how much do people even care about these vehicles anymore.
Not many as there once was.

Reactions: figgie

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Who lives in Washington that's buying this turbo? The owner of the turbo just told me someone on supramania who knows piratetip is buying it since I'm backing out.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
If you have this kit do your self a favor and cut the center out of the exhuast manifold adapter. It will be alot better and flow far better. I just did this on one of my friends car when I built the car for him

SWD Fredester 3

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thought I would jump back on here! It’s been quite awhile. Just want to say hello to everyone that I used to talk to. What can I say?? My car is 99.99% done. Came off the Dyno at JE 3 weeks ago. I will have to post the sheet but it is making 668 rwhp @ 19 lbs boost.