Good to be back

Hey.Friend

Hey everyone,

I just bought a 1986.5 Supra with 54,600 miles on it. 7m-ge N/A. Absolutely beautiful car. I had an '88 when i was in highschool but i had no money and it always had an issue. Ever since that first car though i've waited for a clean one to pop up and i couldn't pass this opportunity up. Here's some pictures of it. Ill upload pictures of the interior soon.
This is the vehicle that ignited my passion for cars. Can't wait to jump back in to the community!! IMG_5129 (3).jpg IMG_5127.jpg IMG_5137.jpg IMG_5134.jpg IMG_5136.jpg

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
A true beauty you found. Even all the tiny green lights for the dash switches work and everything just looks amazing especially with those added accessories. I hope you share some engine bay pics later on...

Reactions: Hey.Friend

Hey.Friend

A true beauty you found. Even all the tiny green lights for the dash switches work and everything just looks amazing especially with those added accessories. I hope you share some engine bay pics later on...
I'll get some pictures of it today! The website has changed so much. It feels a lot more user friendly than what i remember.

Hey.Friend

Here are some more Pictures. Good morning!
IMG_5164.jpg

Attachments

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
Congrats and that is one impressive '86.5. I think the climate and radio controls being so pristine might be the most impressive and rare thing about it.

"i had no money and it always had an issue. "

Ah yes, I lived the same in my teenage years and early 20s. Don't miss that. Nothing's changed with the car having some kind of issue though.

Hey.Friend

Congrats and that is one impressive '86.5. I think the climate and radio controls being so pristine might be the most impressive and rare thing about it.

"i had no money and it always had an issue. "

Ah yes, I lived the same in my teenage years and early 20s. Don't miss that. Nothing's changed with the car having some kind of issue though.
Yeah man my old one all the buttons were peeling bad, A/c didn't work anyway though. Had an aftermarket radio too. It's got some issues now with a rough idle i'm struggling to figure out. Gonna post a vid to the trouble section to see what people think.
Thanks for the look!

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Super clean. You don't see many 86.5-88 climate controls with mint buttons like those anymore.

With your idle issue: Looks like your BVSV on your thermostat housing is broken. There is supposed to be a hose that routes to the charcoal canister but goes to a metal bracket the AFM housing first. That could cause a vacuum leak.

Hey.Friend

Super clean. You don't see many 86.5-88 climate controls with mint buttons like those anymore.

With your idle issue: Looks like your BVSV on your thermostat housing is broken. There is supposed to be a hose that routes to the charcoal canister but goes to a metal bracket the AFM housing first. That could cause a vacuum leak.
Thanks!
So I actually broke that . I saw that I could get a new one fairly easy and I plan to. But it actually didn’t change how the car ran. It was idling rough before I broke the BVSV.