Georgia Supras

Own a Supra here in GA?

• Current Georgia Owner

Votes: 78 82.1%
  • Former Georgia Owner

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I'm just a fan, but I'm from Georgia!

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm not from Georgia - get me out of this group!

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters

Supracentral

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
According to what I'm seeing, there are supposedly 70 people here from GA.

So I guess my next question is do you own a Supra?

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Authorized Seller
Yes, I am from and currently live in georgia. I need to visit your shop sometime. I'd like to see what type of numbers my 200000 mile-old engine in my supra makes.

Supracentral

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'm in [strike]Buford (about a mile from Mall of Ga Toyota)[/strike] - where is everyone?

Edit: Now in Woodstock near I-575 and Sixes Rd.

Our next Supra meet better have one hell of a turnout...

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Authorized Seller
I'm in Bibb county, anybody planned on attending the supra meet they have scheduled on Supraforums. Its supposed to be April 22nd I believe.

CSquared

Authorized Seller
I'm not big on car meets, but i'll see how i feel when the time comes. It's kind of funny that now i've done more to my car i am becoming less and less interested in showing it off. Wrench meets on the other hand... I'm down with no questions asked.

atlpd3147

kool member
Authorized Seller
Dacula,Ga. And also minutes from the mall of Ga. Hell im 5mins away from the damn county jail. Hope no one breaks out from there. :)

Nopaint

Authorized Seller
I live in Duluth!!! And I did have a 1J powered mk3... pulled it out and 2J going in soon

Supracentral said:
I'm in Buford (about a mile from Mall of Ga Toyota) - where is everyone?

Our next Supra meet better have one hell of a turnout...
I live in Norcross but my car is at my friends house in Buford, so I am up there just about every weekend!! Where exactly is your shop?

JAB89

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'm in Roswell. 89 Turbo Targa 5-speed. Bought it new. Just turned 100k miles.

I have gained a wealth of information from this forum in the last couple of years. All that time and just now discovered the Georgia section.

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Authorized Seller
atlanta ga here, if you guys want to hang out give me a call

404-392-7782 got lots of tools if you want to fiddle with your car

just give me a call and we can meet up, you can see me at barret parkway fri - sat
or at lethal injection motorsports in Maretta

ask for bobo

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Authorized Seller
Supra meet this Sat. @ RuSan's in Buckhead @ Tower Place (3365 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305)
Saturday, December 15th @ 8:00pm

That's the information from supraforums if anybody wanted to know.

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
Authorized Seller
just kickin it in the alpharetta/roswell/duluth area..... hit me up on aim at supramangt40

i am probably getting back into my supra.... its been dead for a few months but im looking to fix it up and go drivin again

cool to see that there are more than 1 1jz cars here in the atl!!!!

supra guy scotty

Bass akwards...
Authorized Seller
Reviving the dead thread. lol

Well, the wifey and I just signed on a house in Hoschton, about 25 minutes from the Mall of Ga. I got the '88 Turbo Auto Sunroof car up and running, and then blew the head gasket when coming down the Interstate back from SC at 85mph and the radiator top tank blowing apart. :icon_evil Still slowly working on the RHD converted car. Engine starting to get close to being ready to go in. Getting really tired of all the headaches of these 7M's though... (hoe hum..)

Scotty

Supracentral

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Well, the wifey and I just signed on a house in Hoschton, about 25 minutes from the Mall of Ga. I got the '88 Turbo Auto Sunroof car up and running, and then blew the head gasket when coming down the Interstate back from SC at 85mph and the radiator top tank blowing apart. :icon_evil Still slowly working on the RHD converted car. Engine starting to get close to being ready to go in. Getting really tired of all the headaches of these 7M's though... (hoe hum..)

Scotty

Scotty! Congrats!

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Authorized Seller

Scotty
Good luck finishing the car & I know how you feel with the headaches of the 7M's

atlpd3147

kool member
Authorized Seller
Hey guys is there any local meets still going on that yall go to? Seems like the supra scene is really slow. Anyways hope everyone is well. :)

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
Authorized Seller
only the varsity meets on every 1st thurs of the month.... and i see a few guys hang out at the walmart off 14 on ga400 every once in a while

supra guy scotty

Bass akwards...
Authorized Seller

Thanks man! Good to hear from ya!

7MGTESUPRAMAN:
Good luck finishing the car & I know how you feel with the headaches of the 7M's

Man, I tell you, I'm really beginning to feel the burn from them. I've been kicking around selling all this stuff and finally moving up to the JZ platform, but I've been burned before with selling a bunch of stuff in hopes to use the money for something similar, but only to end up HAVING to use it elsewhere, then end up with neither. I don't like that feeling at all.. :icon_evil

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Authorized Seller
Thanks man! Good to hear from ya!

7MGTESUPRAMAN:

Man, I tell you, I'm really beginning to feel the burn from them. I've been kicking around selling all this stuff and finally moving up to the JZ platform, but I've been burned before with selling a bunch of stuff in hopes to use the money for something similar, but only to end up HAVING to use it elsewhere, then end up with neither. I don't like that feeling at all.. :icon_evil
I know what you mean. I think my next move might be the 1JZ, I should have done it 2yrs ago when I put a new 7M in from Jarco.

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
Authorized Seller
do what i did, wait till you have everything finished for the most part( car up and running ) then sell off what you dont need.... pretty much EVERYTHING on the 7m is worthless to the jz....

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Sorry I hadn't posted to this thread earlier- never saw it!
I have a grey 88 5spd targa, bought in September 1996 with 144,000 miles. After two full rebuilds and two cylinder head changes between 1997 and 2005, I swapped the NA for a turbo motor in 2005, in unknown condition. The only work to it was fresh bearings. Brought it down to Batleground for dyno testing about 6 months later. Swapped in the R-154 for the W58 in 2006. Bought a second turbo block and head, and built a full motor w/ forged pistons, MLS HG and ARP's the next year. Car now has 322,000 miles, the only original drivetrain piece is the halfshafts, and it's still my daily driver.

Nalleywhacker

<i>Formerly gnarkill87</i>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hey i dont technically live in georgia but the state lines about a mile from my house lol. iam about hour and a half away from atl and tennessee never has any meets. Are there any in georgia sometime soon?

oh and my car is a 1990 targa 1jz car, its the one in my sig.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Authorized Seller
I need to go to one of the Varsity meets one of these days.
You should call me up and let me know when so we can ride up there together. One of my friends should be finished with his MKIV soon & maybe he will ride up there too whenever we decide to go.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Authorized Seller
Hey i dont technically live in georgia but the state lines about a mile from my house lol. iam about hour and a half away from atl and tennessee never has any meets. Are there any in georgia sometime soon?

oh and my car is a 1990 targa 1jz car, its the one in my sig.
There is a meet going on this weekend:

Date : January 31st, 2009
Time : Noon - 4pm or whenever
Where: Zen Motors 3246 Buford Hwy. #201 Duluth, GA 30096