fuel problem,..I think.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
I working on starting my 7m after sitting for a while, I get fuel all the up the fuel rail, after a few cranks I peeked into the cylinders, they are dry where the problem, I only looked at one cylinder because if one injector worked, it would at least try to start. Are the injectors frozen from sitting or is the Aeromotive regulator not working??,.... or none of those?

This engine ran well after a fresh rebuild, until I left it sit. At this time, Im thinking it's not electric problem. Thanks for all your help.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Some very quick checks I would start with in addition to the above:
1) check the tach is moving when you crank. That verifies a lot of the ECU ignition functionality.
2) jumper the +B and FP connectors in the diagnostic box and listen for fuel gurgling in the rail. Since you have an aeromotive FPR I am assuming you have a presure gauge on it to verify things are good. Ignition on for this test.

I've seen injectors seize up if left for a long time, but for all 6 to seize seems unlikely, plus there is the cold start injector that should at least give you enough fuel with the key in crank to get a cylinder or two to hit.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
Some very quick checks I would start with in addition to the above:
1) check the tach is moving when you crank. That verifies a lot of the ECU ignition functionality.
2) jumper the +B and FP connectors in the diagnostic box and listen for fuel gurgling in the rail. Since you have an aeromotive FPR I am assuming you have a presure gauge on it to verify things are good. Ignition on for this test.

I've seen injectors seize up if left for a long time, but for all 6 to seize seems unlikely, plus there is the cold start injector that should at least give you enough fuel with the key in crank to get a cylinder or two to hit.

Thanks you 3p141592654!!!,... cold start injector,.."humm" didn't think of that,... good point.
couldn't the diaphragm in the FPR gone bad?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Authorized Seller
not likely the fpr would go bad from sitting.

check for codes. and make sure the tack moves. much more likely its not getting rpm signal and the ecu is not firing the injectors/.