For anyone still using the 7MGTE stock intake manifold, what are the IACV options for maintenance or repair?

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
So, before the igniter took a shit on me, the supra was idling odd when she got warmed up. When you shifted gears at low rpm the throttle would hesitate just a short time and then go down, but once the car was fully warmed up, the car would be idling close to 1000-1200 rpm. Way too high. I did notice that when I tapped on the IACV it would bog down close a stall, and I would have to blip the gas a few times to get it back to normal. It did it every time I tapped on it. I purchased the IACV rubber grommet and check valve from Driftmotion and installed that like a year ago before I was driving it. She only has like 250 miles on the new build. But after looking at the website part again, he mentioned that it is only for the JZ series motors. I figured this may have contributed to the current issues, so I decided to take it off and inspect it, cause I wanted to thoroughly clean it and test it, cause there are no codes for this issue. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, electrically, but I did thoroughly clean it. I emailed Aaron at Driftmotion, twice, about the part or potential 7M options and have heard nothing back yet. So, I'm curious if you guys have had to replace or repair your IACV, what did you do about the grommet and check valve? After I removed mine and saw what had happened to the newly replaced one, I can't reuse it so I am stuck. The 7M one is discontinued, but I'm not surprised. Just don't how else to replace it? IACV damage.jpg IACV damage 2.jpg

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Anybody? I'm about to silicon this bitch back together. I got to get her running by the 14th and this is the last hiccup to deal with, so long as the igniter replacement works.

Reactions: spoolme

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
If you can't buy a replacement, do you have access to a lathe? Wouldn't take long to make one.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
You could try and bring that part into a local parts supplier and try and match up another PCV grommet from something else.
Might take some time, but there is probably one that is close somewhere.
Otherwise like Enraged said you could lathe one or make one.

Another to go on the Heritage parts list for Toyota.

The check valve is probably still ok though.

Reactions: the t3d

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
You could try and bring that part into a local parts supplier and try and match up another PCV grommet from something else.
Might take some time, but there is probably one that is close somewhere.
Otherwise like Enraged said you could lathe one or make one.

Another to go on the Heritage parts list for Toyota.

The check valve is probably still ok though.
This is what I did a year or two ago. I brought it into a parts store and just started comparing to what they had on hand. I found one that was similar but not the same. It worked out well enough.

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Sorry for the late reply, school is wrapping up finally. That is a good idea, and probably my best and only option. After this Wednesday, I will be swapping out the igniter and seeing if i can find a replacement for this grommet.

My last question is upon installation of the IACV, with the proper orientation, the bolts only have a couple of threads to grab on to the manifold as it sticks out like a 1/4" or so. When just inserting the check valve and grommet I have, it sits flush against the manifold. It seems the check valve compresses when tightening it, but I don't want the threads to strip out if the metal is too week. So I'm just considering using a little bit longer bolts to get more of a bite before tightening it down. Am I correct on the valve compressing when installing the IACV? Because the grommet I bought from DM says it is for JZ motors, I wonder if the thickness of the grommet is different for the 7M. If anyone has a used grommet handy, could someone tell me how thick it is, so I can compare it to mine? That would so helpful. Thanks anyways for all the advice. Gotta keep this forum alive!!