Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like A Supra PICS Upon pics

suprakid93

Banned
Okay well i finally got my White 90 Targa back. Car was originally a GTE car with a R154. I traded a 94 trans am for this. The car has blue interior that is Immaculate. This car is also a Rust Free car! Im dropping a 1JZ in this car and also doing almost a full resto on it. I picked up a 1JZ about a month ago and a bunch of parts. I was going to keep the twins but i think i finally decided to go one big single. Probably a gt4088. Maybe a quick spool valve in the future ;) But ill post some pics of what it looked like when i had it with the 7m and what she looks like now. Been workin on here for the last week or so prepping for body work. Throw me some ideas if you have any!
Please and Thanks!

Here what she looked like when i had her runnin.

Those are before i got rid of it. Well here is what it looks like now.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Authorized Seller
Re: Fly Like A Butterfly Sting Like A Supra PICS Upon pics

I would have turbocharged that Trans Am instead of go through what you're doing. But, congrats and welcome to the MKIII club.

suprakid93

Banned

suprapowaz-i would have liked to but i always wanted a supra and i had the chance to so i took it. But thanks!
jetjock- hah my bad i was in a rush to post this. Ill change it

suprakid93

Banned
Hey guys this is what i got done tonight. Got it ground down to metal where all the dents were. And started with the dent pulling.

This is the bad one

Ill have more pics next few days

Numba1Stuna

Authorized Seller
Awesome job man. Looks great so far. Glad to see someone investing time. Good trade!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Numba1Stuna

Authorized Seller
I traded my 98 GTP for my 91 Supra. Definitely worth it to me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Authorized Seller
don't forget to remove the endcaps from the rocker panels - front and rear.... to avoid surprises later - these hold debris and moisture against the body..

I would also recommend taking a very close look at the seam in the rear wheel wells as they were poorly sealed from the factory...

otherwise it looks good...

suprakid93

Banned
Thanks for the comments everyone!

#04-i did pull the front ones before i left and they were clean but the rears havent been yet. Kinda scared to look ha. But is there anyway to like seal them off so moisture doesnt get behind there after you put them back on? But i didnt know that ill check the rear wheel wells. I should probably reseal them just to be safe so no suprises later like you said. Thanks for the info. Will definitely come in handy!

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller

I would have turbocharged that Trans Am instead of go through what you're doing. But, congrats and welcome to the MKIII club.
I'm with sourpuss here, sell it and put a cold air on a mustang. Stupid people building supras... what are we, do it yourself enthusiasts?

You suck kid. Get a real car, like an MKII!

supraguy

Authorized Seller
Keep up the good work on the body work man, my jza70 chassis doesn't need much but my targa ma70 chassis suuuuure does :p seeing this definitely motivates me to get back into it oddly haha

suprakid93

Banned
haha nice comment steve :p But you need to drop the 2j into the MKII!! I say enough pussy footin around and lets do it!

Supraguy-Thanks man! yea its alot of work and hard to stay motivated but seeing it done is a great feeling! I think its going to be an arctic white and then the body line where the ground effects are and the body line on the rear and front bumper are going to be a dark metallic blue. Going to try to get a blue that matches the interior. Make it stand out a little bit more.

Authorized Seller
Thanks for the comments everyone!

#04-i did pull the front ones before i left and they were clean but the rears havent been yet. Kinda scared to look ha. But is there anyway to like seal them off so moisture doesnt get behind there after you put them back on? But i didnt know that ill check the rear wheel wells. I should probably reseal them just to be safe so no suprises later like you said. Thanks for the info. Will definitely come in handy!
once the area is cleaned and painted, seam sealer? then replace cover is what I did... and some new plugs...

for the wheel wells look for areas of poor/compromised adhesion of the rubber coating, stonechips = perforation = moisture build up

suprakid93

Banned
#04-seam sealer is a good idea. never thought about that, ill probably try to do that with the trim too. and alright yea ill take a look at all of it. I wont be able have time to get to the shop till monday. Maybe a little tonight but ill take and post some pictures of it. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!!

dmp316-Thanks!

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller
BUHSCRIBED. Trade a Meth pump, GT4088, and HKS Racing BOV with pipe for that steering wheel.

suprakid93

Banned
Hey guys got the fiberglass almost done over the dents. I forgot my camera last night so I'll take some tonight of the progress and post them.

suprakid93

Banned
okay here is some progress for the night, i have to take more pictures, i have alot more done then this. But i haven't posted anything in awhile. Sorry if some of them are bad. Some were taken with my phone.

Front Fender before sanding

Rear quearter after first coat fiberglass

Second Coat

Above the rear hatch

Oh and after taking mirrors off i remembered i have two different mirrors. I have the right passenger side one that looks like this

But the driver side is this

If anyone needs it or has a matching one like my passenger side ill trade doesnt matter what color. Or if you need it let me know.
Thanks!

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller
YOU JUST GOT THREAD JACKED, BIIITCH!!

Before I started this new meth setup I needed a back trunk.

More work than I anticipated

My entire plan for the vehicle is pure stealth. I thought, now how can I hide a 5 gallon meth setup?

Yep, a False Sub woofer would be perfect!

You'd never suspect it! Honestly think about it!

Wanted a PITA free setup, so....hinges.(internal:)

5 gallons of neat meth is dangerous; didn't want any meth to escape.
Check valves allow air in to keep tank from sucking in and caving.

Almost done, more work than it looks like..

Easy fill, box is being reconstructed to barrier tank, air passage will be through box bottom/trunk floor/ spare tire plug to outside.

Ricer:"What are you running?"
Troll Mode Me:pump Gas....but hey come check out my sub woofer! (fully functional too)

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller
AJ say the word and I'll remove all this crap from here. Otherwise you should have called this thread 2 Builds 1 Cup!

suprakid93

Banned
haha nah steve its cool man. Your meth setup and box is sick. So i dont really care lol. Show the beast off. And i have weird days off. But ill try to go. Hope we both have it off.

suprakid93

Banned
okay i know its been awhile since i posted some progress but here you guys go. Its been over a 100 degress here so havent got a whooole lot done.

this is what it looked like after i took the targa off

after a little prep

Hopefully i can get to the shop this week. Be patient with me. lol

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller
Holy shit, you weren't joking! I got meth in the supra and need the camera to make a new vid! I'm off the next 4 days so ride shotty and watch the Laptop for me! Great progress man.

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller
Took big v for a ride but he doesn't know shit about supra or how to watch gauges, glad we r goin to test drive today, ill tighten couplers. Lol
Tryin to post the vid, we didn't get but three miles and blew a coupler....
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Moy

It's broken...
Authorized Seller
Meth is kind of illegal bro ;) Oh wait. Methanol. Woops! LOL

Dude, that rust around the targa is nasty! I have some bubbling up the paint on the passenger side. I'm going to end up taking everything off again and redoing it. I think I'm actually just going to grind down the paint and rust until I hit metal, then body fill/prime/paint/clear that area. I need new front window trip along the top >.<

suprakid93

Banned
lol ya but big v helps a little. He screams "Holy Shit!!" and grabs the old shit bar. Thats when you know you were going fast and your car is running good haha nah jp. yea to bad we blew a coupler that day..again.. oh well as soon as you get your new one we'll test it :D

redsupra'88- thanks alot man!! and ya im just lucky to have a dad that restores cars for a living. Nothing better than a little guidance on what to do. Alooot of time though, oh well :)

Moy- Haha what meth? its just a sub box officer ;) but yea the rear driver side was all the way through, and the metal is so thin you cant really weld any patches otherwise it will go right through. So what i did was take it all the way down to bar metal (or what was left of it) and shove fiberglass filler in it. The fiberglass will flex and not crack unlike bondo will. It holds so much better. And ya i need all new targa seals that sit on top. mine are not so good of shape :(

suprakid93

Banned
i didnt get any pictures of the body work but im getting ready to block it again for the second time. But i did get dome of the front end torn apart.

thats all for now guys. sorry going so slow..