Factory 7MGTE ignition timing figures?

BLACKCAT

Authorized Seller
Does anyone know the factory 7MGTE ignition timing figures at the various rpm/boost levels?
thanks

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Attached is an image of the timing map. Haven't figured out how to attach files to this post. I would not use this map without a very capable knock-sense algorithm monitoring things. The stock ECU knock sensor is fast and pulls timing a lot during normal operation.

^This is the latest data. I can tell you from experience that the ECU adds approximately 11* at around 5200 rpm's regardless of boost level.

Reactions: Zazzn

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
wow that's some crazy timing, I wonder what the actual timing is when running on 91.. I wish we had an easy way to log the stock computer.

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
The maft pro makes it easy. I'm sure I have timing data somewhere. Straight pump gas and with water/meth. I can try to dig them up if someone needs them.

trofimovich

Authorized Seller
I'm wondering. I need to run the stock 7mgte on the m48 motec.
I am looking for fuel and ignition table stock.
Fuel tables VE are difficult to translate into the duty(%) that the motec uses.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'm wondering. I need to run the stock 7mgte on the m48 motec.
I am looking for fuel and ignition table stock.
Fuel tables VE are difficult to translate into the duty(%) that the motec uses.
Unfortunately there is no easy way.

You would have to do the math to calculate injector pulse width, it can get you in the ball park.

Another option is looking at base maps from OTHER standalone EMS that use Injector Pulse width for metering petrol/gasoline such as the AEM software for the v1. As a base map it MIGHT get the motor started but it will not be anywhere close to driveable.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
wow that's some crazy timing, I wonder what the actual timing is when running on 91.. I wish we had an easy way to log the stock computer.
you won't bee able to as that table does not take into account the knock detection scheme that it keeps track off (along with the other modifier tables). That table is essentially what happens when you disconnect the battery.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
The only thing I can think of that can do this is the emanage since it intercepts the timing and fuel values and adjusts them. adding to the PW or timing. Issue though is it doesn't quite seem to read the values correctly at least on my 2jz when I was logging. it starts off fine then does something crazy.