Before: This is When i First Got Her, 89.5 mk3 7mge. Stock, other than stage 3 racing clutch and few others.
After: New Paint makes a car Look Brand New! All new weatherstripping on trunk, targa, door jams, trim around windows stripped and painted flat black, emblem shined! Red Stripe where old plastic molding was, kinda skeptical at first but i love it now.
If your looking for awesome reliability with descent power the 2jzge is also a good motor. Plus if you ever get tired of the n/a power there are kits to make them n/a turbo's. Or just go 2jzgte all the way. The 1jz is good but i hear that doing the swap to a pre-88 body can be a hassle? Someone else please chime in on this im not 100%.
I contributed a picture to the elite engine thread today, so I guess I will show some of the changes.
1. Longer vacuum line for the BVSV to the canister, so it goes around the heat shield.
2. Misc. items that needed attention that I didn't deal with, like this misplaced hose clamp that was correct at SILV06
3. Damaged fan shroud that needed an extra bracket to hold it in place from the heat shield rubbing through the shroud.
4. I got rid of the bracket that is on the other side of heat shield that rubbed through the shroud.
5. New radiator to replace the nearly 20 year old unit
6. Internal alternator issues. The stud broke which is part of the rectifier bridge. So it was changed along with the brushes. The cover is broke and needs to be replaced.
7. Water line for the new turbo. Yep, it is too long.