Everybody's build thread! Pics of before and after...

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Authorized Seller
Before: This is When i First Got Her, 89.5 mk3 7mge. Stock, other than stage 3 racing clutch and few others.

After: New Paint makes a car Look Brand New! All new weatherstripping on trunk, targa, door jams, trim around windows stripped and painted flat black, emblem shined! Red Stripe where old plastic molding was, kinda skeptical at first but i love it now.

Give me Your Suggestions and Thoughts!

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Authorized Seller
thanks! and yeah i was thinking of a 1jz-gte swap but then again the 7mgte is all the power ill need

supramk3speed

Authorized Seller
If your looking for awesome reliability with descent power the 2jzge is also a good motor. Plus if you ever get tired of the n/a power there are kits to make them n/a turbo's. Or just go 2jzgte all the way. The 1jz is good but i hear that doing the swap to a pre-88 body can be a hassle? Someone else please chime in on this im not 100%.

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Authorized Seller
mines a 89.5 i've researched into the swaps for both and i believe the 1jz would be the cheapest and easiest swap for the added power

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I contributed a picture to the elite engine thread today, so I guess I will show some of the changes.

1. Longer vacuum line for the BVSV to the canister, so it goes around the heat shield.
2. Misc. items that needed attention that I didn't deal with, like this misplaced hose clamp that was correct at SILV06
3. Damaged fan shroud that needed an extra bracket to hold it in place from the heat shield rubbing through the shroud.
4. I got rid of the bracket that is on the other side of heat shield that rubbed through the shroud.
5. New radiator to replace the nearly 20 year old unit
6. Internal alternator issues. The stud broke which is part of the rectifier bridge. So it was changed along with the brushes. The cover is broke and needs to be replaced.
7. Water line for the new turbo. Yep, it is too long.

mk3_7m

Authorized Seller
the second pic? Thats the hose by the BPV Just couldn't find anywhere else to put it with the different IC piping.

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Authorized Seller

mk3_7m

Authorized Seller
Well it is a FFIA :p

wanted to take a different route and didn't think it would be a must for an upgrade . Stock manafold was fine for my power goals.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Similar design, but mk2 supras were 4-bolt. Starquest hubs were 5-bolt (like mk3's)

MK2 rim:

Starion/Conquest rim

Last edited:

Doat

Authorized Seller
Ah I see, thanks. Yea I like the way those rims look on the Mk3s there is something about it that just sets the car off.

Doat

Authorized Seller
I have a question about those Starion rims, is there a way to have it not stick out so much and be so aggressive? Every MK3 I have seen with those rims have the wheel stick out a good inch or so.