Emanage or more needed for hx35?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Is an emanage sufficient in tuning an hx35 on the 7m? I currently have the HKS SAFC and Lexus/550cc. If I were to upgrade to the blue emanage would it be capable of handling my tuning needs? I’m wanting to make over 400hp/tq.
I have a fresh h1c 18cm divided T3 with a twinsfroll manifold, 3” downpipe, 2.5” piping and 3 row intercooler, oe hg with ARP studs, 50mm hks wastegate with a 14psi spring.
RecomendTions welcomed

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
S-AFR can do that alone. I think you have the case of needing someone how knows how to tune the car.

Emanage will certainly help, over the S-AFR. It allows for timing adjustment and injector pulse with adjustment so it's far superior to the HKS unit. However even it's over 12 years old now. Hell I made 400 TQ on the stock turbo on my 7m with 17 psi.

What kind of boost are you planning on running on that turbo?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
yeah I just want to get the fuel maps set to get it on the dyno and let a pro take it from there. I plan on keeping it around 14-15psi for the time being. I want to run it this season (garage kept for winter) then next fall/winter do a full build.

Im currently running 13-14psi on the stock ct26 and she pulls like a bull with AFR at 10.6 tapering to 10.2 by 5k so still rich, but safe. No cut outs, zero problems. I also plan on doing the vvti cop swap soon too.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
I don't believe anyone will have anything they can provide you. With a custom setup, you will need a custom tune. However, tuning piggybacks are really easy, simply lean or richen until you are good. Timing usually fine because stock computer can pull out timing when knocking but at that low boost you should be fine anyways. Emanage blue is not good for pulling fuel it's in fact no better than S-AFC because it can only add to the signal not remove one sent from the stock ecu. You need the ultimate for that.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Okay that answers my question. So if I want to get to my goals it would be more beneficial to hold out for an ultimate.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
I paid 400 + 100 for the new Greddy harness, had plans to put it in my grey 91 but I have a PNP MS3 so that's going in.

Say 450, and I can also give you the mod for the timing chip I built.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Mines an 88' so the harness wont really work for mine, id have to re do it. Ive got some other items to acquire first that take priority but ill keep that in mind. I found someone local with a long block that im going to check out this weekend.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
OH ok for sure, very interested but I do need to get a few things knocked out first. Ill send you a pm when im there.