ECUMASTER DET3 QUESTION

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
I will be using the ecumaster DET3 to tune my 7mgte HX35 setup. I've downloaded the manual and read through the DET3 thread that is on here several times. My question is, I see ecu masters have a “base map” specifically for the 7mgte on their website under downloads. Is this something I should download?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
I plan to install it tomorrow so if there are any DET3 users, current or former out there that can shed some light I would appreciate it!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yes. You should start with the base maps.

It’s should not be used for anything other than limp mode basically. Still needs full tune.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Not totally as setups are not always the same. But it’s something to start.

Starting with nothing is not something you want to do.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Definitely. Weather was garbage Sunday so I’ll be installing it sometime this week. I’ve been using efi systems wide band which doesn’t allow data logging so I got an AEM wideband yesterday. I need to log some with the stock afm and o2 before replacing it with the speed density setup and reference on the tune instead of the stock o2?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
The ecu master should have built in datalogging. Don’t need datalogging on the wideband.

Once it started then you need to change the fuel map to get it correct.

Of course all the other settings need to be checked as well and all sensors need to be calibrated.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Oh okay, I was under the impression you had to add the wideband as an output to replace the stock o2. Then do logs with the unit to fill in the blanks. Thanks for the info!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
No. You use the output from the wideband and connect it to the stand alone. There should be a dedicated pin usage for it. Or at least a standard one.

You want the standalone to have all the real time info from the sensors.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Not yet I’m sending out my motor to the machine shop this week hopefully. Plan to have her up and running by March/April. So I’ve got my det3 ready to be wired in, can I set up base settings without a running motor? I’ve got all the firmware and software downloaded I think

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yes you can. Just make sure you have all the correct info for the sensors you are using. And then once motor is running you can adjust fuel.
Can set timing conservative until it’s fully tuned.