ecu master digital tuner 3 on 7MGTE

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
No update on my end, been busy with work but should it it wired the rest of the way up tomorrow possibly

GreenChevelleSS

Danny
Authorized Seller
OK so I wired it up per the wiring diagram described earlier in this thread. I used the base map and loaded it up. It will not rev out at all, Its something to do with the ignition and how its wired or setup I can not figure it out.

GreenChevelleSS

Danny
Authorized Seller
Ok new question, Ive gone through the owners manual a couple of times and im having a hard time figuring out the maf to map conversion. Which analog input is the built in Map on? The manual talks about adding the map sensor connection to analog input #4 but the unit has a built in map so how would I be able to connect it and what would I use on the tables setup. The owners manual is very vague and hard to get a grasp on things.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
It's built into the input #2. Depending on if you have the 2.5 or 4 bar map sensor you will select in the table setup drop down menu the map sensor you have. I haven't done the Maf to map yet so I'm still learning as well

GreenChevelleSS

Danny
Authorized Seller
Pretty sure on mine the MAP is input 4 as thats whats already loaded on it.
when I selected "load" on the scales Config and then Selected the file "Test" It put my analog inputs as this:
1. LINEAR VOLTAGE SCALE 0-5V
2. GM TEMP. SENSOR (3,5K@20 C)
3. NARROW BAND O2 SENSOR 0-1V
4. MOTOROLA MPX4250 MAP SENSOR

So now im trying to figure out how to actually convert over to MAP.
would be nice for someone who has done it to chime in.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
After exchanging a few emails with Zack, he said that analog #2 is wired internally for the map sensor. Depending on which box you got, 2 bar for 4 bar which determine how to setup your scales configuration.

I have mine setup as follows
1-linear voltage 0-5v (launch control on clutch switch)
2-det3 with built in 400kpa map sensor (since I have 4bar)
3-wideband sensor afr 10-20
4-gm temp sensor (3,5k@20c)

Now for the conversion from Maf to map is very easy actually. This is in the last pages of the manual BTW. (assuming you're running good on Maf, all wired up correctly)
Hook your laptop up, start your car and start driving. You'll want all kinda of loads so do some wot pulls in different gears and different load ranges. (make sure you're up to operating temp!)
Now you'll go over to the log window and right click on the screen "convert Maf to map". Boom you now have a map base map with some tuning to fill in the 'holes' and smooth out your new map. You'll see what I mean when you do this.

Assuming you have your scales configuration like I mentioned above, set your setup tables like this after you do the conversion. (I'll try and get pics as soon as I can)
Fuel table
Modify - frequency
Load - analog in #2 (map input)
Correction #1 - disable (will enable later for iat fine tuning)
Correction #2 - disable

Ignition table
Load - analog in #2
Correction #1&2 - disable for now, get your fuel map down before messing with ignition map.

Pwm tables #1&2 disable all of them.

Hope that helps you out! I hope to do a full write up soon once I'm running perfectly!

Once running good on your new map go ahead and Unplug your Maf sensor and install a 2200ohm resistor in between wires 1&2 on your Maf connector. The resistor should have been included in your kit. This will allow you to now remove your Maf sensor and you'll be running completely on map. Tuning is very easy, just by myself I was able to do some pulls down the highway log and consistently run 11.5 afr at wot.

Being a rookie at tuning, I seemed to figure It out pretty fast! I'm still going to take my car to psi in Portland to get a full tune with timing, I also have water methanol so I don't want to blow my engine up because I don't know what I'm doing. Haha. Good luck!

Last edited:

GreenChevelleSS

Danny
Authorized Seller
Thanks Sheedy that does help alot. I still dont understand why the manual doesnt cover the inputs. So I ordered the one with the 4 bar also, but any idea how to tell for sure that it has the 4 bar and not the 2.5?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
I'm not sure, it does cover it a bit in the manual but for me it's kind of hard to understand. As for the different type of ecu I don't think the actual box tells you if it's 2 or 4 bar. If you ordered the 4 bar go ahead and use input #2 - det3 with built in 400kpa map sensor from the drop down menu

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
Authorized Seller
How do you change values? with the minus - or the plus + keys?? or you have to type the values?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
Plus or minus I believe but I just right click and increase out decrease if selecting a group of cells

Jomahu

Authorized Seller
Hey guys, just a fast question. ¿Actually DET 3 is working with our stock CPS/Igniter/Coils? I've read in somewhere -can't remember exactly- about replacing them with Lexus (IS300?) to make it works...

Thanks in advance

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
Det3 will work with the factory setup. Or if you want to switch to is300 coils it will run great on them too.

I ended up going with the is300 coils anyway

Jomahu

Authorized Seller
Det3 will work with the factory setup. Or if you want to switch to is300 coils it will run great on them too.

I ended up going with the is300 coils anyway

Thanks sheedy126 for the fast response! I think I will go with DET 3 then. Will post it as soon as I get it.

Thanks again!

laxboy36

Authorized Seller
Hey guys maybe you can help me with this, I also just got this piggyback and the shop can't figure it out, I have an 88 7mgte and when they wired it up the guy tuning it can't get the car right at all. Does anyone know the wiring diagram for an 88 ecu, or something to help them out.

chesky911

Authorized Seller
I 'm going to buy a DET3 but I have not understood the wiring diagram yet
the engine is 1990 stock 7M
I am confused with some wires

DET3: ------> (Symbol) (Terminal name) 7M ECU

Pin 1 (+12V)---------->(+B) (EFI Main Relay)
Pin 2
Pin 3
Pin 4
Pin 5
Pin 6(Ignition Out)---->(NE) (Cam Position Sensor)
Pin 7(Frequency Out)->(KS) (Air Flow Meter)
Pin 8(Pullup)------2.4 kΩ + Pin 10(Frequency In) ------->(KS)(Air Flow Meter) ??I am confused
Pin 9(Ignition In)------>(IGNITER NE does not exist) 7M ecu pins are IGNITER: IGT or IGDA or IGDB or IGF?????

Pin 11(Ground)-------->(E01)(Power ground)
Pin 12
Pin 13
Pin 14
Pin 15
Pin 16
Pin 17
Pin 18
Pin 19
Pin 20

Pin 7 , pin 8 and pin 10 go together to KS??

Could you help me to finish wiring diagram please?
Thanks

GreenChevelleSS

Danny
Authorized Seller
The 2.4k ohm resistor goes from pin 8 to pin 10, then the wire from pin 10 goes the the AFM, The resistor does not go between 10 and the afm. If you get what I mean.

Pin 7 is the FREQ OUT wire that will go to the ECU. So basicly your cutting the AFM wire that is going to the ECU and the AFM side is going to pin 10 and the ECU side is going to pin 7

Also you need to use BI POLAR OUT instead of IGN OUT on the pin out on the DET3

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
Mine was wired to a analog input. Let's say #4, other to ground. Just make sure to define the analog input you're using for what sensors in the software

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

GreenChevelleSS

Danny
Authorized Seller
OK so I got the det3 converted over to map, thing is the table is mostly incomplete, So I started using the log window to verify what is there is correct and its way rich. According to the Freq IN vs the Freq Out. So ive started adjusting the fuel table to get them as close as possible Using the logger and the freq in vs the freq out, To keep it running pretty much like stock. I do have wideband to install and im going to get it done soon to start logging that, then I will tune on that and remove the AFM

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
Good idea to install your wideband before you mess with the maps too much. If you need one to get started I can send you my old one before I switched to the ecu masters emu

Nick Squire

Authorized Seller
Hey guys, does anyone have any pictures of their install, ie where you installed it in your car, and whether you made a harness or just cut up yours etc. i'm thinking about biting the bullet on one of these

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
I mounted mine to my factory ecu with some 3m double sided tape.
I didn't make a harness but just tapped into the factory harness since the det3 is easily removable with a connector. The wires from my det3 to harness are only a few inches long.

I don't have any pictures of the mount though :/

Nick Squire

Authorized Seller
hey guys, I've now received my DET3 and I'm going to install it this week, I don't know anything about tuning etc but it's all I've been reading about this past month. What did you guys set your launch control parameters to to get 8lbs off the line with a ct-26, I'm sure I can figure it out just thought it'd be nice to have a reference point.

Thanks

TRC

Authorized Seller
Hi guys does anyone have the stock ECU pin out schem? I dont want to mess up,just want to be sure where to conect the wires.

ihiryu

Authorized Seller
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to do the IAT install. I'm using a GM style sensor, do I need to add the resistor? I'm not in fuel implant mode, so I'm not taping into the stock sensor.

There's already a scale table for the GM map sensor in the software, but wanted clarification on it. Have any of guys started messing with boost control yet?