Easy fix? Front end

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
Authorized Seller
Been years since I been around. Wrecked this POS in 14 haven't driven since. Just bought a Ems is all. Lol

92 teal turbo targa 33xxx original miles on chassis about 6k engine 1k on turbo 5 miles ECU masters Ems.

Worth to fix this Supra or swap to another body?

Anyone wanna buy this low mileage Supra chassis?? Dash is trash now and paint. IMG_20191124_152747.jpg

How hard would this be your fix? Could they cut it out and weld in one from my 87 frame?

Talking about the frame rails where bumper slides in. Bent in a little and to right

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
If that actually has 33k miles, the chassis might have some value, but the accident, trashed paint, rust and trashed dash/interior hurt a lot.

Is the interior decent? Grey or shadow grey? Cloth, leather?

92 teal is worth saving, IMO, but you're probably looking at barely above scrap value if the interior isn't really nice.

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
Authorized Seller
Interior is near perfect just dash. Blue cloth interior. Spare tire tub rusted out. Targa top has rust. This Supra is #521 of like 3586 or something like that for 92. Guy I got from got from his grandpa. He blew up auto trans and head gasket. Sat under a pine tree for 8 years. I finally bought it in 2010 for $1k.

Car has about $9k in mods. I haven't driven forever I miss it so bad. Haven't even got to feel this....

Attachments

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Interior is near perfect just dash. Blue cloth interior. Spare tire tub rusted out. Targa top has rust. This Supra is #521 of like 3586 or something like that for 92. Guy I got from got from his grandpa. He blew up auto trans and head gasket. Sat under a pine tree for 8 years. I finally bought it in 2010 for $1k.

Car has about $9k in mods. I haven't driven forever I miss it so bad. Haven't even got to feel this....
Oh wierd, I didn't think they ever offered Teal with blue interior. Now I don't know what's going on! haha.

Anyways, for me the worthiness has to do with the extent of the damage and the presence of rust. If the chassis is rusted, forget it. Find another. If the chassis is rust free and the damage is easily pulled straight/welded then keep it.

I think for us to give you worthwhile advice over the internet we'll need more detailed photos.

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
Authorized Seller
Ya pics suck for some reason my main pics I took won't upload.

Do you think they could cut out the frame rails past radiator support and weld in others

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
Post up the build plate, this will tell a lot about the car.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Ya pics suck for some reason my main pics I took won't upload.

Do you think they could cut out the frame rails past radiator support and weld in others
Well, someone *could* but that doesn't mean they *should*. ;)

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
Authorized Seller
Well I'd like to save the low mileage Supra but it don't matter to me if I can get another shell I'd swap it all over. Should make about 650whp. The FFIM is the new Zealand one but old from like 2012.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Depends on how much you want to spend. You will easily surpass the cost of a clean shell if you paint the current car, even if you do it yourself.

I told myself long ago that if I get another Supra, it's to get a clean shell with good paint. Everything else is easy to swap over, but paint is either a huge amount of DIY work, or a lot of money to get done right.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
<snip>get a clean shell with good paint.<snip>
As my build drags on, like forever, sometimes I think the only thing I've got going is a clean shell with good paint :( Hell, my car hasn't been rained on in ten years, You'd be pressed to find any rust. What's a roller with good paint worth? You know, in case I give up and decide to part it out?