E brake assembly

farrellfri

Need most of the e brake parts but can only find kits for the mk4. I’ve heard it’ll work on the mk3 is that true? I have an 86.5

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Need most of the e brake parts but can only find kits for the mk4. I’ve heard it’ll work on the mk3 is that true? I have an 86.5
Yes the mk4 Supra E-brake hardware will fit. I went to Napa and ordered one for a 96 Supra and they had it in stock. Here is a pic on my 86.5 Supra

You might want to replace the parking brake shoes if the material is worn or starting to separate. Also don't forget to grease the metal contact points on the shoes where they touch the backplate.

farrellfri

Yes the mk4 Supra E-brake hardware will fit. I went to Napa and ordered one for a 96 Supra and they had it in stock. Here is a pic on my 86.5 Supra

You might want to replace the parking brake shoes if the material is worn or starting to separate. Also don't forget to grease the metal contact points on the shoes where they touch the backplate.
Thanks so much! I’ll probably have to get new shoes and the cables rusted away as well

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks so much! I’ll probably have to get new shoes and the cables rusted away as well
No problem. I bought the R1 Concept shoes pictured on ebaymotors which also have a bit more material that the stock shoes (not that you really need it) but that company makes very good high quality brake parts: