Driftmotion PS steering hose

bsupra

Authorized Seller
https://www.driftmotion.com/7M-PS-Hose-p/dm143.htm

Recently replaced High Pressure Hose on my 91 Turbo. Went to buy and install Gates PS pressure hose because of wanting to stay OEM set-up. Unfortunately, I did not have luck with it and it started leaking around the neck area of fitting/banjo after 1 day of driving.

Now, I want to go Driftmotion Setup. Does anyone in the forum gave this a shot? Is the line long enough? Any suggestions on the routing?

Thank you in advance

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Its been out for several years and works good. tons of people have used it.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Its been out for several years and works good. tons of people have used it.
Does it feel the same? Some says they lost PS steering at stop/slow speeds. If its normal feel as OEM, I will go driftmotion then...

Thank you in advance.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
I replaced my line with the Driftmotion unit. No leaks and the length was fine. I didn't notice any difference in the power steering after the install. I also did a new power steering rack and bushings at the same time. The unit is nice as it eliminates the stock banjo fitting which is one more place for the stock line to leak. Also, get the line with the black outer jacket for the extra $4.95 as it will help protect the line.

Lastly, when bleeding the ps system refer to the TSRM. You need to turn the wheels full lock to lock several times to force out the air. IIRC the TSRM also states to hold it at full lock for 3 seconds as you go from side to side which I was not doing at 1st.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Does it feel the same? Some says they lost PS steering at stop/slow speeds. If its normal feel as OEM, I will go driftmotion then...

Thank you in advance.
I doubt you'll lose power steering unless the diameter of the hoes is smaller or the system is clogged is my guess or maybe the pump is going out.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Installation complete... Pics taken while engine running... so far no leaks...

I should have done this a long time ago... removing old line took me forever lol...
IMG_20180921_165052780.jpg Screenshot_20180921-165707.png Screenshot_20180921-165657.png

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Looks good, I never seen pictures of the black version. I dont know if it was just me but when I first installed the that DM high pressure line, the steering felt a tab bit more responsive. Does it feel that way for you?

bsupra

Authorized Seller
It does gives a better feel on driving. It feels like your car is more connected to the ground for some reason. Also, the time it took to bleed the system was shorter. After start up, it only took me 2 full turns on both sides.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
I felt the DM braided line was a bit too long, so I intertwined in between the two looping hardlines in the rack to take up the slack. Been working fine for almost 10 years now.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Good to know... 10 years is a long time.... I did something similar. I did cut the the rubber hoses of the oem lines and left the hard lines then I used it to clamp the new lines

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
I have the black covered high pressure line. No issues and its nice bc it eliminates the banjo. I also added in a filter for the ps system at the same time.