Door Panel Wiring

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
Hey everyone, I’m hoping to get some suggestions here. I tried to replace my door speaker in my mk3 Supra, but the new one has just as much static noise as the old one did. I think I’m going to rewire the aftermarket stereo my dad installed ages ago, and I may also try to bypass what I believe is the oem amp underneath the passenger seat.
Another issue I’ve had is that since I started working on installing the new speaker, I must have damaged wiring somewhere because my passenger door light, the red one, will no longer light up. I tested the leads on the wiring adapter and I’m getting 0.01 Volts instead of 12 volts like the Driver’s side door has. I haven’t found any issues from the other electrical components in the door, so at least it’s isolated down to one thing.
Any help is appreciated.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
How are the rear speakers? If you have static I would check to make sure all speaker wiring for all 4 speakers are not shorting out anywhere.

For the red door light, check the rear wiring and housing connector on that light. I have seen green corrosion cause problems. Good to clean it out and use some dielectric grease on any electrical door connectors where water can be present.

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
How are the rear speakers? If you have static I would check to make sure all speaker wiring for all 4 speakers are not shorting out anywhere.

For the red door light, check the rear wiring and housing connector on that light. I have seen green corrosion cause problems. Good to clean it out and use some dielectric grease on any electrical door connectors where water can be present.
Sorry, what I meant was that the speaker had audio mixed with static, not just total static. So I can hear my music over all the speakers, it just sounds like doodoo.

loc182

Seven Empowered!
Authorized Seller
Out of curiosity, do you have LED headlights of some sort installed? I have read a lot of stories about the Amazon and eBay ones causing static over the radio in lots of vehicles. (It sounds like the problem is just when listening to the radio, but people are not clear in their reviews...)

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
Out of curiosity, do you have LED headlights of some sort installed? I have read a lot of stories about the Amazon and eBay ones causing static over the radio in lots of vehicles. (It sounds like the problem is just when listening to the radio, but people are not clear in their reviews...)
No, as far as I can tell I have halogen headlights installed. That’s pretty weird tho because LED lights should be put less strain on the electrical system in theory.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
A lot of the LEDs have switching power suppplies in them that can put out a lot of hash on the electrical system. Pesonally I have a lot of LEDs installed and no problems with radio noise.

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
I reconnected my stereo head unit today, but the sound quality is the same; they seem to sound worst with heavy bass. The speaker I replaced is a good kicker brand 5.25”, but it sounds the same as the other speakers so I don’t think that’s the issue. I’m going to try to find more information on taking out the passenger seat and maybe replace the amp or bypass it.
I also haven’t made any progress on the door light, but I’m suspecting that there is a sensor issue and the door isn’t being recognized as open.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
If its running off the oem power amp under the seat that amp may have failed. At one point I rebuilt my amp using new caps and driver transistors because it failed. But I just run off a modern amplifierthese days.