Does a W58 shifter work in an R154

kueves87

Authorized Seller
I recently picked up an R154 from another member but it doesn't have the shifter housing, arm, or shifter itself. I'm gonna order the new billet housing and arm from driftmotion, but they don't sell a stock shifter for these cars, just the short throw set-ups... can i just steal the shifter out of my w58 or do i need to try to track one down for the r154?

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
Driftmotion's short shifter is very nice, though I found the shortest setting is too short. It has no isolation at all so lets in some noise, but it's not too bad. There's also the S3 V2 shifter from Raptor Racing that has isolation if you're worried about noise. Again, it's a short throw, but it's still an improvement.

You'd have to see if the W58 ball fits in the R154 socket. Typically the bushing is completely dead. Search for forums for an aftermarket replacement (Marlin Crawler?).

Reactions: kueves87

kueves87

Authorized Seller
Driftmotion's short shifter is very nice, though I found the shortest setting is too short. It has no isolation at all so lets in some noise, but it's not too bad. There's also the S3 V2 shifter from Raptor Racing that has isolation if you're worried about noise. Again, it's a short throw, but it's still an improvement.

You'd have to see if the W58 ball fits in the R154 socket. Typically the bushing is completely dead. Search for forums for an aftermarket replacement (Marlin Crawler?).
Alright when i order the housing and arm from driftmotion ill see if that shifter fits, if not ill just get the short throw, Thanks!