Difference in tie rod end?

Redman

I was wondering if there's a difference in the tie rods between base and turbo models.. specifically right inner on an '88. It seems that most part numbers are the same for both but Beck Arnley says theirs only fits on a base model. The Beck Arnley part number is 101-4227

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Turbo or non turbo does not matter but the years do. Inner tie rods are a different length on each side on my 87 Supra. Outer tie rods are the same on both sides. You can see the length difference:

Redman

Turbo or non turbo does not matter but the years do. Inner tie rods are a different length on each side on my 87 Supra. Outer tie rods are the same on both sides. You can see the length difference:

Thank you that's what I needed to know! It's weird that Beck Arnley says theirs only fits a base model

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor

by chance do you know the thread size of the tie rod ends? They look like a 14mm but unsure...