Cs Shifter spacers

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Does anyone know the function of the spacers for the Cs shifter. They were not included when I bought it and the seller does not have them. I installed the shifter and it runs through the gears fine. Just wondering if the part in necessary and if I should try and get some spacers fabbed up?

Also, pretty sure my tranny did not have the 2 pins sticking out on each side like the pic below. My tranny may be JDM. I know the motor is as the previous owner mentioned.

Cs spacers.jpg

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Does anyone know the function of the spacers for the Cs shifter. They were not included when I bought it and the seller does not have them. I installed the shifter and it runs through the gears fine. Just wondering if the part in necessary and if I should try and get some spacers fabbed up?

Also, pretty sure my tranny did not have the 2 pins sticking out on each side like the pic below. My tranny may be JDM. I know the motor is as the previous owner mentioned.
Yes it is needed, it is what keeps the shifter at the proper location. Otherwise it will bind with the bottom pins and cause rough gear changes.

the previous owner probably left them in the r154 tranmission (like in the picture). I did the same mistake until someone mentioned to me those two parts.

20200506_201141.jpg

Reactions: debrucer

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Dont the four allen bolts hold it in place....unless the part that sticks into the transmission moves independently of the rest of the stick but i thought the shifter was all one solid shaft.

Is that an older pic or do you have those pieces handy? Id like to get the measurements and have some made. Not sure how tough it would be or how much a metal fab shop would charge.

Ill pull mine this weekend and take a look but I dont think my tranny has those 2 pins.

Also, do those spacers affect the throw? I ask b/c I dont feel like the throw is super short.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
It should have 4 pins.

The two in the adapter and the oem ones in the tranny neck (your picture).

Edit: Replaced picture with correct working. I had put the zero looking symbol which all machinist will read that as Diameter. I have now put the correct nomenclature for Radius which is a capital R.

Not in the picture. you will need to create the piece as shown THEN subtract the pin width to make it two part.

20200520_161640.jpg

20200508_092252.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tylerjacobsen85

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
This is extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

Ill pull the shifter this weekend and check for the pins.
This thread makes a good point. The response here was so much better than a response to the same question on Facebook, although that did receive a lot of comments, I can't find it now. The answer here can be referenced later :) Easy to find here.

I predict that these forums will come back :) Okay, maybe not to hay-day status of 2000 +, but, back! There's a lot of Supras out there!

Can't hardly wait to get back to the garage and check my transmission (which has been knocking around out of the car for a long time).

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor

View attachment 83717
Curious. Did you find any spacers? Have you checked the dealer? The r154 is pretty popular and there are parts available. I clearly have the same issue... my spaces are long gone :( Let me know if you find them, or if you've got someone to make them, how much? I need a pair, too. If I find them first, I'll let you know.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
So based on the measurements previously provided in this thread I am having them custom made for $60. I went to pick them up this past Friday and for whatever reason they were like 20mm wide and not 40mm wide so they were half the size they needed to be. The metal shop I am working with has a guy he outsources custom parts too. Anyways they are remaking them this week. The smaller spacers looked very nice though. Just not the right dimensions. I will let you know once I get finally get them.

SupraDrew

Authorized Seller
SupraTrbo89,

If you end up not getting the correct ones made, i know i guys local to me that is selling the spacers.

Let me know if you are in need.

SupraDrew

Authorized Seller
As far as i know they are original, he had a bunch of random replacement C's parts for sale years ago on his ebay page. His name is Gordon Duax, he always had random cool JDM stuff for sale when he was running his ebay store. I can get you in touch with him if you want.

Reactions: figgie

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
As far as i know they are original, he had a bunch of random replacement C's parts for sale years ago on his ebay page. His name is Gordon Duax, he always had random cool JDM stuff for sale when he was running his ebay store. I can get you in touch with him if you want.

He goes by Sixpack over on Supraforums.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Update the picture as it was causing some confusion with machinist due to what the zero symbol means (diameter) and i really meant to put Radius symbol.

Reactions: debrucer

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
I appreciate it. At this point I will wait and see what my guy comes back with as far as spacers go. If for whatever reason things don't work out I'll let you know. I am going to text the guy tomorrow as I hope to get them and drive my car this weekend.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
So I texted my guy yesterday and he said he still doesn't think the spacers are correct and it's a pain in the ass going back and forth with his guy he outsources small jobs to trying to get the specs correct. He said I could have the 2nd set he made for free. I said that's fine and figured I'd just go somewhere else. Anyways I picked up the set this morning and they are actually pretty decent. The only issue is the piece was just cut in half so I have to take a little more off of the ends of each piece (whats in red). Wont be 100% perfect but pretty close.

Cs Spacers.jpg

Reactions: figgie

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
The original has two cuts, not one like yours now. Best is to measure the inner diameter of the gear lever housing and give 0,5mm clearance, thickness and height you have already. Then cut to allow for the pins, meaning you need two cuts. This gives the half moon appearance....

You might suffice with cutting these ones a little more as you mentioned.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
The original has two cuts, not one like yours now. Best is to measure the inner diameter of the gear lever housing and give 0,5mm clearance, thickness and height you have already. Then cut to allow for the pins, meaning you need two cuts. This gives the half moon appearance....

You might suffice with cutting these ones a little more as you mentioned.
Yes completely agree you would need two cuts although that's not an option at this point.

Last edited:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Now you are fully vested in those parts :)
Certainly won't forget to remove them if you sell the shifter now!