Coolant sensor pic

josh930

Authorized Seller
What sensor is this exactly? Can find an answer in the haynes book or trsm. Thanks

IMG_478622.JPG

Stu_22

Authorized Seller
So if you dont have AC could you use this for some electric fans?

boltz

Authorized Seller
you can use the port, however that paticular temp switch activates at a high temp which isn't desireable for your main fans if you remove the clutch fan for electric fans. I think it switches @ 100C... read the number on the sensor it is the switch value and should say 100.

boost fiend

Banned
then could it be used to trigger a second fan at said temp? might have to use a relay, but the idea is there. just a thought i had. run with it.

boltz

Authorized Seller
yes, it already triggers the aux a/c fans at whatever temp. Just re wire it to a relay. That sensor will trigger the relay coil negative terminal.

N

NDBoost

if you take that wire and ground it to a chassis ground anytime your key is in the on or acc position your AC fans or electric fans will run. Its a mod i did, seeing that im a 91' ive got the lower AC fan and the two smaller AC fans on the radiator they push alot of air.

Stu_22

Authorized Seller
Dont the little standard electric fans have a relay so meaning only a temp sensor change and reconect wires from standard electric fans to a bigger one easy job done