Cool/Rare parts thread?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Someone posted a Blitz SUS TEMS controller on SF today.
Supposedly NIB too.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
More stuff I see.

Cusco roll cage
eBay # 371607211473

ARC Intake ( horribly painted)
eBay # 132495539634

Suprasport 3" downpipe elbow
eBay # 323690693982

Greedy Trust downpipe elbow T3
eBay # 323646997247

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Wow, cool to see the cage. I'm toying with installing a sleek cage as a safety enhancement down the road. I'll have to save those pics as a reference point when I start planning that out.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
We have a FB a70 rare parts group. If you guys are on FB and want to be in the group, send me a PM here with your FB name and I'll add you to the group.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
True, though I left FB a loooong time ago.
I am not a fan of any social media platforms.

People find me if they need something one way or another.

Back on the cool / rare parts topic:
I am working on modernizing a somewhat rare part that I came across.
Will post up photos when I finish it.

Reactions: loc182 and BigKO

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Not on FB.
If you enjoy interacting with others about A70 Rare parts, you really need to join our A70 Rare Parts FB group.

You're amongst the dead in this thread. There were no posts between Feb 2016 and Jan 2019. This year, there have been 8 posts by 4 people. Half of the posts were from you. =(

Last edited:

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
I hate Crapbook but Rodel is right. Just create an account with a made up name and enjoy the page. That's what I did, I use Crapbook for nothing else.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Authorized Seller
Contributor
If you enjoy interacting with others about A70 Rare parts, you really need to join our A70 Rare Parts FB group.

You're amongst the dead in this thread. There were no posts between Feb 2016 and Jan 2019. This year, there have been 8 posts by 4 people. Half of the posts were from you. =(
Can I get added in that group?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
I have a profile, but I'm mostly with you, @Piratetip . The facebook stuff is just so temporary. It's only good for a short while, then it's archived or lost 63 pages down the feed. It's a total shit platform for useful information storage and retrieval. 'Tis a shame that's where so much traffic has gone.

It is neat to share stuff in the short term, though. I should take the time to save all the pics and start cataloging some of those parts. Thanks for linking me to it, @rodel !

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Wow this one has to be extremely rare IMO.

Master cylinder rebuild kit w/ ABS.
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l546978895

I tried finding one of these rebuild kits a while ago.
Ended up giving up and just buying an entirely new master cylinder for $180.

Too bad this kit is 3x the cost of just buying a new one.

Reactions: debrucer

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
My only concern would be making sure things work properly for whatever master cylinder you have. North American MA70's used 4 different masters (2 without ABS, 2 with ABS), and the Japanese-spec cars had additional variations and year differences.

Surprising/annoying that the overhaul kits are no longer available (with the exception of the 91-92 non-ABS version).

Jeff

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
Wish this heritage program would hurry up. Still can't believe simple items such as stock flywheels are discontinued!

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Wish this heritage program would hurry up. Still can't believe simple items such as stock flywheels are discontinued!
I have heard no updates on this.

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
Yeah, the only item so far that seems to have returned in Japan is the RHD handbrake boots, but Medium Grey only.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
My only concern would be making sure things work properly for whatever master cylinder you have. North American MA70's used 4 different masters (2 without ABS, 2 with ABS), and the Japanese-spec cars had additional variations and year differences.

Surprising/annoying that the overhaul kits are no longer available (with the exception of the 91-92 non-ABS version).

Jeff
Really?! Of all things to discontinue, brake seals? Really? Toyota, sometimes you make it so hard to love you...

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Yeah, the only item so far that seems to have returned in Japan is the RHD handbrake boots, but Medium Grey only.
What sit do you use to order Japan parts? I could use a medium gray e brake boot, OEM black shift knob (which I know are available in Japan) and a black shift boot.

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
What sit do you use to order Japan parts? I could use a medium gray e brake boot, OEM black shift knob (which I know are available in Japan) and a black shift boot.
The black OEM shift knob can also be found in the first gen SC300 with the manual transmission. Same as the mk3 one but the shift pattern is white and not chrome under the glass. I ordered one about 2 years ago.

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~knob~sub~assy~shift~lever~33504-24070-c0.html

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
33504-24070-C0 actually is the MK3 knob for a 1992 MA70. (It's also for the Z30 SC).

Jeff