Cool/Rare parts thread?

themadhatter

Authorized Seller
I live in Japan and rare parts aren't easy to come by even here, there's just not a lot if this stuff left out there. Most of the rare stuff i see on the market is coming out of Australia for some reason.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Authorized Seller
And that's why it's a cool/rare/badass part! Also, it already has the solenoid and T fitting on there, so there's that. Just have to figure out where the heck I'm going to mount it

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
Very cool find
Have to say I am enjoying this thread even though I don't really have anything to contribute

Keep the cool stuff coming

BrandonW

Authorized Seller
The very last brand new 89-92 taillight. I have two more on order, however most likely that will never happen.
View attachment 73515
View attachment 73516
View attachment 73517
Are they really just about gone?

I bought a brand new set probably like 2 months ago, left and right (my center section is like mint but the left and right are separating from the housing) from the dealer and they got there in 3 days with employee discount just haven't put them on yet lol

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Authorized Seller
Are they really just about gone?

I bought a brand new set probably like 2 months ago, left and right (my center section is like mint but the left and right are separating from the housing) from the dealer and they got there in 3 days with employee discount just haven't put them on yet lol
Yes, that's why I grabbed them. The right side has been gone completely, and now from what I'm told from Toyota, so is the left. I picked up the last few, and they werent cheap. The first one I bought for myself arrived in about 8 days, the second two were a few weeks I think. If I could find even one right side, I would be ecstatic

last 89+3 taillights.jpg

Last edited:

Turbo-@

Authorized Seller
Couple of parts I picked up recently. I dont plan on using them, just got for the nostalgia value really.

Brand new old stock Turbo-A rear emblem

NO WAY!! Where did you get that brand new Turbo A emblem!? I am so envious right now. Been looking for months now!

Brand new old stock Tom's C5 intercooler pipe

Turbo-@

Authorized Seller
Lucky find bro! If you run across another one by accident let me know!

Hey mate, I actually ended up getting it from a guy out of the UK of all places. He purchased it many years ago for a project that never happened and was offloading it so I grabbed it from him.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Authorized Seller
all 91-92 came with paint matched moldings if that's what your referring to with the blue white thing.

Turbo-@

Authorized Seller
Have you guys ever seen this center console thingy that goes on top for the MK3. I think it was a option on the GA70. I'm thinking of buying it just cuz I think its kinda rare...

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
I would think that would sit up way too high once installed. Hard to believe that this would be a factory option. Looks like someone took it out of a conversion van and bolted some brackets to the bottom. The design and the fabric don't seem to match any MK3 interior that I've come across either. May just be the picture. Still an interesting piece tho.

Turbo-@

Authorized Seller
Found what it looks like installed. Really weird option for the GA70...

I would think that would sit up way too high once installed. Hard to believe that this would be a factory option. Looks like someone took it out of a conversion van and bolted some brackets to the bottom. The design and the fabric don't seem to match any MK3 interior that I've come across either. May just be the picture. Still an interesting piece tho.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
^
Wow. Even worse than I imagined. I thought it was going to replace the lid entirely.

On a side note, what the hell is up with the small section of bright red carpet in that interior?