Compilation of power steering combinations

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have heard it mentioned that the early racks were a quicker ratio than the later cars but have only owned 89+ cars. I decided to pull the rack out of my 89 and 87 parts car to do some I investigation and put together a compilation of info on the various racks and pumps in the MKIII. I found some pretty useful info

Also paging Jeff Lang, or anyone else who might have info or a JZA70 rack out of a car. I have gotten some questions about the TT-R racks. Looks like all the JZA70s used the same on post 90 so there is no difference but I am trying to determine if the ratio is the same as lhd/usdm specs

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
Great video, reminds me I need to replace an inner tie rod on my car soon. Its funny you mentioned the pulley size difference. I had a friend give me a powder coated 89+ non PPS pulley for my Pre89 pump. I didnt know they were were different and neither did he. But man that smaller diameter over drove the pump it made my steering way to light and the pump was too loud. When I rebuilt my pump a few weeks back, I swapped my original pulley on and man what a difference. That nice weighty feel was back.