CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
No!!! I am totally behind on that! She's even sporting a new stance since the coilovers have been installed. I'm going to shoot for new pics this weekend.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
I've been contemplating painting the car for a little while now. My current goal is either next spring or next fall. Because of this, I didn't want to properly prep and paint the mirrors only to have to do it again next year. So, what I did as a temporary basis, was put four coats of Plasti-Dip and then three coats of clear.

They turned out ~ok~. The Plasti-Dip has a bit of texture to it. For us Supra Owners, the difference stands out because we all know that our mirrors come paint matched to the car. It won't look out of place to the normal folks that have black/plastic mirrors.

It'll work for a temporary thing...

It's dark out so these are the best pics I have for now.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Ha ha... Here are better pics...

I drove the car today and with the new mirrors came two issues. One is that the glass is different and my eyes take a second to adjust to the new depth of view. Things are much farther away.

The second issue is that the passenger mirror will not move in enough for me to use. At its farthest adjustment inward, I'm looking at the side of the road.

I like the way they look and the folding feature is great; but, I'm not sure that trade-off is worth it. Maybe I'll get used to the new view; but, I'll definitely have to come up with a way to use the passenger mirror.

I threw in a couple that shows off the new stance that the Zankoku Coilovers provide...

bhmsupra

Authorized Seller
Contributor
My red 91 has really grown on my over the years.... but your MKIII is the ONE that still makes me wish I had held out for a black one. Car is just georgious inside and out Kenny.
That "finish" on the mirrors is really working somehow. The new coilovers are tight also, just gets better an better!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Man that's one sweet looking mkiii.
I COMPLETELY agree with you! :biglaugh:

My red 91 has really grown on my over the years.... but your MKIII is the ONE that still makes me wish I had held out for a black one. Car is just georgious inside and out Kenny.
That "finish" on the mirrors is really working somehow. The new coilovers are tight also, just gets better an better!!
Thanks alot! Yeah, after seeing the finish in the light, I'm happier with it. Now if it'll just hold up till paint time! ;)

The stance is just about where I want it. I'm going to bring the front up 1-1.5". I will also be rolling the rear fenders and slightly rolling the fronts just enough to raise the fender liners up a bit. Currently, it rubs on hard bumps.

lithium14

Authorized Seller
AHHH you must haz paint your window corner trim!!!! >_< lol!!! especially on a blacked out mk3!!!! otherwise, BEEEYOUTEEFULL!!!! (btw for the trim, just tape em off, newspaper everything, sand them and use satin trim spray paint =D)

lithium14

Authorized Seller
LOL npnp my pleasure!! =D At first I thought most ppl didnt paint it because the sealing edge would be missing as well, but then i noticed the sealing edge is separate from the stripped surface, sooooo therfore, easy fix!! haha

S.A. supra

Authorized Seller
AHHH you must haz paint your window corner trim!!!! >_< lol!!! especially on a blacked out mk3!!!! otherwise, BEEEYOUTEEFULL!!!! (btw for the trim, just tape em off, newspaper everything, sand them and use satin trim spray paint =D)

LOL I didn't even notice that. Only you would Andrew.

MNBmk3T

Authorized Seller
Sorry everyone if I annoy them by reviving this thread. But GOD DAM your car is beautiful. Took me a day and a half (off and on) to get through all 134 pages and loved every bit of it. Hopefully one day my 89 can be somewhat as nice as this car.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Thanks man! It has certainly come a long way and is by no means finished. I don't think it ever will be! :)

No worries on reviving the thread. If anyone gets annoyed, the deserve a punch in the neck! ;)

My advice is do as much of the work yourself as you can, what you can't do, make sure who does it for you is able, and in either case, don't cut corners. Make sure it's done right the first time. There's my .02. :)

MNBmk3T

Authorized Seller
I definitely plan on doing it right the first time. I don't plan on going JZ-Series either. I'm sticking to the 7M. I just love the deep sound of it when you're cruising at ~3K RPM along with the low-end torque of it.

Btw, I love the look of those XXR wheels on your car man. Looks sexy ;)

Quin

Trans killer
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Might be a dumb question, but couldn't you just swap the USDM glass into the mirrors? I'd imagine that would solve your issue. Car is gorgeous, I'm just starting to read the thread.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Might be a dumb question, but couldn't you just swap the USDM glass into the mirrors? I'd imagine that would solve your issue. Car is gorgeous, I'm just starting to read the thread.
The USDM Glass is a different shape so it's not a drop in type deal. I have considered looking in to having glass cut; but, haven't got there yet. It annoys me enough that I can't leave it like this. ;)

Mirror's look good Kenny, hope those pictures helped.
Thanks Matt. Yep, your pics were a great reference. These mirrors are amazingly sturdy!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Little bit of an update... I just got back from the dyno and at 17psi, the car made 384whp/387wtq. This was not a tune session, it was just to get a baseline before the AEM goes in.

I'm glad to see my torque back! The last time I was on the dyno, I was running the under-rated clutch that ACT sold me and I lost torque above 15psi.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
WHOO! I think you're going to love the AEM, Ken. Shoot me a text or a PM if you need help getting stuff set up and rewired. We're going to make you make so much freaking powah! :evil2:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Yeayuh!!! :D

I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for some insight. I also picked up some 1000cc injectors to throw at it. So...AEM, 1000's, Water/Meth...I wonder what she'll make!!!!

I still can't believe that this 162k mile stock internal motor is laying it down!! ;)

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Boo. Melty engines are not nearly as much fun as explodey engines! You should know that :p I vote booooooooost to kaboom! (only engine bang, no trans/diff/anything else can go bang, fyi)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Easy. Look the other way and press the down arrow on the fuel trim.

:D
Boo. Melty engines are not nearly as much fun as explodey engines! You should know that :p I vote booooooooost to kaboom! (only engine bang, no trans/diff/anything else can go bang, fyi)
You guys scare me! ;)

Meh...I think I'm conservative enough to make her last a little bit longer. My only concern is the HG holding up to the cylinder pressure of 20-22 psi of boost.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Ah, I'm only kidding Ken. Blowing up an engine is just irritating to deal with; even if you have a ready-to-go replacement sitting at home. I know I didn't have that luxury :p

GOGO fast-acting, long-lasting 7M!

IBoughtASupra

Authorized Seller
Ofcourse we are kidding.

It makes no sense to do it because we all like a reliable running Supra, don't we? :)

On that note, what's supporting your fuel system Kenny? BTwo Bosch pumps will be ideal. One in-tank and one inline.

I am not a fan of the Triple or dual setup in tank. To many points of failure in my opinion with all those hoses and wires in the tank.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Good grief guys...of course I know y'all are joking. Hence, the (;)) I posted. :D

I am currently running a single Walbro 255. My next pump will be the Aeromotive 340. I hope to not ever need more fuel than that!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Not yet. I've been amassing parts. Thus far I have ID 1000's, a DH61 Igniter, and........hey! That's all I need!

Well....except for time to install it. ;)

IBoughtASupra

Authorized Seller
Those ID's will fit the stock rail with adapter?

Also, how come you don't get a 1ZZ coil setup? It will be SUPER easy to wire in. Coil, ground, trigger(ground signal). It gives better spark than the stock coils and will eliminate the igniter. Just a suggestion.