Building up my youtube channel

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
I know this may sound cliche but if everyone could help me build my youtube channel up that would be great. Also not to sound like a broken record but it would help for this awesome supra community to subscribe, watch my videos, like my videos, comment on the videos, and finally hit that bell notification button. What other better way to build it up but by word of mouth.

Yes there are only a couple videos up right now but I'll be slowly working on getting more up.

https://www.youtube.com/user/spawn6456

And thank you for all you guys have done for me so far if I have not already said it.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
What is your goal for your channel?

A little bit of constructive criticism, you need to figure out what you want your channel to be about. At a glance I see Supra, Water falls and cat video's. Who are you targeting to watch your video's? those are very different audiences.

And lastly your channel should always provide people value first before asking for anything. You should make content because you want to help, teach, inspire, entertain whatever and if they enjoy and want more they should subscribe to make it convenient for them to see more of what you are doing not to support you.

Have fun with it but I will tell you that YouTube and Social media in general is a LOT of work, you have to have fun with it.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
What is your goal for your channel?

A little bit of constructive criticism, you need to figure out what you want your channel to be about. At a glance I see Supra, Water falls and cat video's. Who are you targeting to watch your video's? those are very different audiences.

And lastly your channel should always provide people value first before asking for anything. You should make content because you want to help, teach, inspire, entertain whatever and if they enjoy and want more they should subscribe to make it convenient for them to see more of what you are doing not to support you.

Have fun with it but I will tell you that YouTube and Social media in general is a LOT of work, you have to have fun with it.
Yes I prefer constructive criticism, my plan is to target as many categories as I can. My aim is as many different audiences as I can get to. I know it may sound like a car accident waiting to happen but I'm trying something different here. These will be things I do or see in my every day life. Some vids will be how to's, some of pets, some of children's toys as my kids loves to buy toys every opportunity they get and many more categories. But of course these are things I enjoy doing and always have fun with it.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Yes I prefer constructive criticism, my plan is to target as many categories as I can. My aim is as many different audiences as I can get to. I know it may sound like a car accident waiting to happen but I'm trying something different here. These will be things I do or see in my every day life. Some vids will be how to's, some of pets, some of children's toys as my kids loves to buy toys every opportunity they get and many more categories. But of course these are things I enjoy doing and always have fun with it.
Have you considered starting multiple channels? You can have as many as you want and you will be more successful. People subscribe to a channel for very specific reasons and many people who will regularly watch your content won't even subscribe. If your not delivering the thing or few things they want they want consistently they won't subscribe or if they do they will unsubscribe when they see ever 5th video is something they may care about. Subscribing is not about supporting someone it is about saving time.

I'll speak in first person but this is how people work. If I like your content and want to easily find in because I plan to consistently watch or don't want to miss a video, I subscribe. If occasionally I am interested in one of your videos I wont, I will just search you out again if it crosses my mind so my subscription list is not cluttered.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Have you considered starting multiple channels? You can have as many as you want and you will be more successful. People subscribe to a channel for very specific reasons and many people who will regularly watch your content won't even subscribe. If your not delivering the thing or few things they want they want consistently they won't subscribe or if they do they will unsubscribe when they see ever 5th video is something they may care about. Subscribing is not about supporting someone it is about saving time.

I'll speak in first person but this is how people work. If I like your content and want to easily find in because I plan to consistently watch or don't want to miss a video, I subscribe. If occasionally I am interested in one of your videos I wont, I will just search you out again if it crosses my mind so my subscription list is not cluttered.
Very valid points you have there. My brother told me the same thing and he said I can link my channels together somehow so when anyone subscribes to one of them they can access the other ones. I'll difinantly take a look into that.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Casual Youtuber here. I stopped putting any effort into it once they changed monetization and I fell just below the cutoff in viewership. I'm approaching the threshold now so might jump back in and start adding videos again.

You gotta narrow in on a topic. Full stop. Broad categories will NEVER work unless you lead an incredibly strange or interesting life. Broad videos work for celebs and millionaires, but not average joes like you and I. There may be a few exceptions for people with incredibly good presentation skills/styles/video editing skills, but those are incredibly rare.

Multiple channels is the way to go if you want to spread content over a ide array of topics. Doug DeMuro is an example of this. He's got an incredibly successful channel and is pulling in somewhere between $200k and $500k+ from Youtube. He started a second channel to keep smaller videos away from the main channel. You can absolutely kill a good channel by posting a few poor or unrelated videos every now and then.

First and foremost though - content. You have to have something of value before you get anywhere with Youtube. Build it and they will come.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
100% agree niche'ing down as far as you can will always yield the best results. I would actually be better off splitting my channel down from all my builds + some events into 3 channels focusing on each. I have 2 supra street/track builds a rally car build and an offroad, trophy truck build. I just know I couln't maintain two more channels as I already have a separate one for more general film making, family and other parts of my life.

The biggest misconception with YouTube is that you just put some videos up and it just happens. It takes a long time, a enormous amount of work and a lot of planning and strategy to make it work. Very few if any of the big channels just happened without the owner really putting a lot of thought into what they were doing. The second misconception is that you make a lot of money from it. Best case scenario is a couple bucks per 1000 views and $1 or less is more realistic.

Also you are really close suprarx7nut, I am subbed to your channel on my personal account but I just subbed my channel account as well. Hope to see you there soon!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
100% agree niche'ing down as far as you can will always yield the best results. I would actually be better off splitting my channel down from all my builds + some events into 3 channels focusing on each. I have 2 supra street/track builds a rally car build and an offroad, trophy truck build. I just know I couln't maintain two more channels as I already have a separate one for more general film making, family and other parts of my life.

The biggest misconception with YouTube is that you just put some videos up and it just happens. It takes a long time, a enormous amount of work and a lot of planning and strategy to make it work. Very few if any of the big channels just happened without the owner really putting a lot of thought into what they were doing. The second misconception is that you make a lot of money from it. Best case scenario is a couple bucks per 1000 views and $1 or less is more realistic.

Also you are really close suprarx7nut, I am subbed to your channel on my personal account but I just subbed my channel account as well. Hope to see you there soon!
Thanks! I'm sub'd to you as well at least on my personal channel. I rarely watch anything from my business account so I'm not sure on that, but I'll sub on there, too next time I'm on with that. The Evo vid was cool. I love drone footage. My wife saw me watching that and stopped and said, "Is that a Supra? What the hell are you watching, you weirdo?!" haha.

Prior to Youtube removing monetization I was considering investing in a drone for footage of my Land Cruiser on trails and such. It's amazing how nice that footage can be from a sub $500 drone.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
All good advice. I will definitely get things right going further into it. But I will see subscribers to my channel as a motivator to produce better and more videos. And those who have subscribed I do thank you for your subscriptions.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks! I'm sub'd to you as well at least on my personal channel. I rarely watch anything from my business account so I'm not sure on that, but I'll sub on there, too next time I'm on with that. The Evo vid was cool. I love drone footage. My wife saw me watching that and stopped and said, "Is that a Supra? What the hell are you watching, you weirdo?!" haha.

Prior to Youtube removing monetization I was considering investing in a drone for footage of my Land Cruiser on trails and such. It's amazing how nice that footage can be from a sub $500 drone.
Thanks and I agree, Drone footage really adds a cinematic effect. That was shot on a Mavic Pro that I borrowed from my brother, came out really nice. I just got a Phantom from my brother in-law so I am excited to incorporate more drone stuff going forward.

I am far from getting monetized so for now I'm just in the sinking a bunch of money into camera gear, software and hardware phase lol :D..............my wife keeps asking when this thing will start making some money instead of just costing us money.

All good advice. I will definitely get things right going further into it. But I will see subscribers to my channel as a motivator to produce better and more videos. And those who have subscribed I do thank you for your subscriptions.
Just trying to be helpful there is surprisingly a lot that goes into it that I wish I knew when I started, and I still have a log to learn. Just get started and learn and react as you go and most importantly have fun with it.