Brake Booster Issue

ComedicValor

I recently got my first Supra a week ago. Most of the problems I've come across have been easy fixes. But I've been having issues with the brakes.

When the engine is off the brakes function normally. When the engine is on the following occurs when applying brakes.

-Brake pedal Is "Sucked" down by what feels like the vacuum of the car and I have to pull it back up with my left foot to disengage them. (Makes driving a pain)
- Engine Idle RPM is Clearly Affected by the use of the brakes and will go up or down based on brake use.

Ive already checked hoses and added the missing pedal return spring, but neither were the cause.

I haven't been able to find the same exact booster which seems to be part #53-2770 Is there any other Brake boosters that fit or should I just get one off a part out?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
You could use Cardone's rebuild service for yours, looks like around $170 from RockAuto.

I've also heard a Hilux (pickup?) brake booster is smaller and works, when used for the 1UZ swaps.

It sounds like you need to confirm its a vacuum issue with the booster first. Have you checked air tightness per TSRM page BR-6?

JustAnotherVictim

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Cardone's quality is iffy in my experience. If you can find a local shop that can do a good job I would rec that. The boosters for these cars seem to be near non-existent for purchase anymore.

ComedicValor

Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and found the TSRM BR-6 Manual page and Ran the test and it failed so there is definitely a leak. I ordered a used Brake Booster and Will swap that when it gets here. Hopefully that one works. Ill keep the old one and have it rebuilt in a few weeks for a backup.

My Supra was actually built by Driftmotion in Cali back in 2010 and they offer the rebuild service as well. Does anybody have experience with them? If not ill just find somewhere local.

JustAnotherVictim

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I had a local shop up in the bay do it for me so I can't comment on a rebuild from Aaron.
You should probably just ask him about it if you are hesitant but he should take care of you.