Bought some precision engineering 1200cc 14mm injectors for my 7mgte build, having trouble finding a fuel rail. Can i just drill the stock to 14mm?

kueves87

Authorized Seller
Title says it all, just wondering if anyone knows where to source a fuel rail thatll fit the 7m but also fit 14mm injectors, or if i can just drill he stock one without any issue? i have the tools to drill it, just didnt know if anyone had done it of if theres a better way, Thanks

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Why didn't you get the proper fitting injectors?

The issue with drilling the fuel rail is that you might not have enough meat to support high pressure reliably.

Or in other words, it is a massive risk and when it comes to fuel system, risk = fire hazard.

Reactions: kueves87

kueves87

Authorized Seller
Why didn't you get the proper fitting injectors?

The issue with drilling the fuel rail is that you might not have enough meat to support high pressure reliably.

Or in other words, it is a massive risk and when it comes to fuel system, risk = fire hazard.
Honestly the price was too good to pass up lol, i figured someone out there knows where I might be able to find a rail that would work. Worst case i sell them and find some 11mm, just thought i'd start here first just in case . Thanks

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I never seen anyone modify a stock 7m fuel rail for 14mm injectors. I have seen 14mm to 11mm injector adapters but then you have to modify where the fuel rail sits for the extra space needed. I personally think your best bet would be just to find the right 11mm injectors since good aftermarket fuel rail support for a 7m basically non existent and you do not want to cut any corners here.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Honestly the price was too good to pass up lol, i figured someone out there knows where I might be able to find a rail that would work. Worst case i sell them and find some 11mm, just thought i'd start here first just in case . Thanks
As you have found out, now it will actually cost you more to create a custom fuel rail to support those injectors.

Short of going with injector dynamics the price will be less for proper fitting injectors.