bosch ls fuel injectors

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Has anyone used these OEM Bosch 0280158821 fuel injectors in their supra? They are high impedance so the resistor will need to be bypassed and also a boss adapter like driftmotion sells would be needed to fit the fuel rail on the 7m. But these are 2200cc and good with e85 I do have a walbro 450lhp e85 compatible pump.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
2200 cc/min injectors?

what standalone will you be controlling them with? On 2200cc/min injectors, the tuner can get them to idle but don't expect stiochiometry even on e85. It will be pretty close!

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
im looking at an ecumaster classic or aem ems. I currently have DET3 that I was planning on getting up and running on 550cc/93oct then switching to e85. So 2200cc probably too big?

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
The Det3 is a piggy and not a full fledged standalone. You will need a bucket and shovel to pick up the pieces with that big an injector.

with that said, you want full control of the igntion timing. there are exactly zero piggy packs that can control the 7mgte ecu ignition directly.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Oh I thought I could safely make about 450-500hp with the det3 because it says it can control ignition timing and has fuel implant drivers so you can control fuel in batch fire setup. Guess ill ditch it and shop for a full stand alone. I knew I would want one eventually, I was just hoping I could save that venture for next year.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
the det3 can control igntion in most setups. NOT in the 7MGTE! the 7MGTE is special!

so special that the toyota supra turbo from 87-92 was the only car to ever run it!

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
oh wow. Ok see I've been asking these questions in other threads but never getting these straight forward answers. Awesome, thank you Im going to sell this DET3 then and find myself a good standalone.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Why repin it? get the right one for our car which should be 30-1130 or 30-1110.

With that said. It sounds like you are working on a fairly limited budget? I would not use the AEMv1 if you are chasing high numbers. To much timing drift and you are betting your motor on the OEM harness sending everything correctly. That is a suckers bet.

Why not go with an ECUmaster, ProEFI or anything else?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Well my rebuild was sped up by the bhg, I wasn't really ready to do so yet. So im trying to get it all together and wanted to get the new motor up and running on the stock ecu first to ensure everything is good, break in, etc.. then switch over to some form of tuning and really go to town. I know as far as adding sensors and so forth its a bit of back tracking but the idea of a fresh motor and major wiring all done at once scares me. Too many variables for problem solving imo.

And lets be honest driving an 01' Accord while dreaming of the sweet sounds of the Supra again has me thinking about getting it back on the road asap

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Im looking at a Haltech E11v2. I know there is newer stuff out but from what Im seeing this might be a reasonable option?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Can you run pnp ecumaster with the stock maf deleted or does it need to be in place to set base maps then converted to map like with the piggy backs?

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Im going to go ecumaster black or classic in the real near future
Any standalone to include the old pnp AEM have no dependencies.

Meaning I can run speed density and coil on plug even with the system meant to use the stock ignitor and AFM. You just need to make sure that either you or your tuner know what the hell is going on.

Joeharness15

Authorized Seller
The Det3 is a piggy and not a full fledged standalone. You will need a bucket and shovel to pick up the pieces with that big an injector.

with that said, you want full control of the igntion timing. there are exactly zero piggy packs that can control the 7mgte ecu ignition directly.

would you care to elaborate a little on the 7Ms ignition system and what makes it as special as it is? i know its weird but i thought you could still control ignition through piggybacks. ive got a Greddy Emanage Ultimate wired in with an igf signal generator mod that to my understanding was suposed to allow full control over timing but im still a noob on this stuff so let me know if im incorrect. any info is appreciated, thanks.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
would you care to elaborate a little on the 7Ms ignition system and what makes it as special as it is? i know its weird but i thought you could still control ignition through piggybacks. ive got a Greddy Emanage Ultimate wired in with an igf signal generator mod that to my understanding was suposed to allow full control over timing but im still a noob on this stuff so let me know if im incorrect. any info is appreciated, thanks.
Well you would be one of the very few that got that working correctly.
Have you actually verified the timing? the reason i say that is that the it is a total of three signals.

IGT
IGA
IGB

then there is IGF giving the OEM TCCS feedback from the ignitor and if the signal is off by a predetermined out, it throws a fault for the ignitor.

anything from code 12-14.

Joeharness15

Authorized Seller
i havent verified the timing, again im somewhat of a newb and messing with the timing is something ive always been weary of, not to mention i havent had much need for it since my car is almost completley stock for now.

i wired in the Emanage because i got a killer deal on it and figured why not hook as much up as possible so that i can mess with it when the time comes to add power. its been a while since ive done it but from what i remember the only ignition wires i intercepted were IGT and IGF.

now before doing the IGF mod i mentioned in my previous post anytime i would engage the Emanages 2-step it would throw an engine code, light would come one, and sometimes almost die due to the TCCS beleiving a misfire occured. it also had a very unpleasant bounce interval per-say off the 2nd rev limit (hard to explain but it was almost like a 1.5ish second pause inbetween revs)

after doing said mod it seemed to fix everything. basically its a peice of circuitry you throw together for less than $3 from radio shack that generates an IGF signal thats sent back to the TCCS anytime the IGT is fired. this gives the ECU the signal its expecting back from the ignitor and (suposably) allows you to advance and (maybe?) retard timing using piggybacks. like i said though, i havent verified it with a timing light and havent really messed with the timing tables in the Emanage besides the 2-step so i could be totally wrong on all this.

heres the thread where i found the circuit, only issue is i beleive its so old the website that hosted the wiring diagram for it is down :(

Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
<SNIP>

heres the thread where i found the circuit, only issue is i beleive its so old the website that hosted the wiring diagram for it is down :(

Yeah, the link is useless. It would be cool if you had a jpeg or something, or even research it a bit and give us a link to a drawing :)

I didn't see a question in there, and I'm not qualified to answer on this subject anyway.

My first reaction was, "RadioShack! Really!" lol

Good luck, I'm sure some discussion will follow :)

Joeharness15

Authorized Seller
Yeah, the link is useless. It would be cool if you had a jpeg or something, or even research it a bit and give us a link to a drawing :)

I didn't see a question in there, and I'm not qualified to answer on this subject anyway.

My first reaction was, "RadioShack! Really!" lol

Good luck, I'm sure some discussion will follow :)

yeahhhh that post was sorta just a big ramble-on but who knows, someone else down the road may find it usefull lol

i really hate the link is dead, i figured something like that was common knowledge amongst all the old-heads, but like i said its been a couple years since i did the mod. looked through my phone and i do have a picture of the components needed for it but i have no idea on how its wired, i do remember it was simple as hell though lol. i may rip it open in my car and seen how it was wired together if anyone would like to know though.

Reactions: debrucer