Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Does anyone know where to get new hex bolts that hold the calipers together? I want to remove mine when paint goes on but would like to do a complete job and replaced the hex bolts while i'm at it.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Authorized Seller
Does anyone know where to get new hex bolts that hold the calipers together? I want to remove mine when paint goes on but would like to do a complete job and replaced the hex bolts while i'm at it.
I would guess any hardware or autoparts shop as long as they are 8.8 or higher tensile strength
Nothing special about them

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

80sSupraPowa

Authorized Seller
I resumed work on this upgrade over the weekend since my 2jz swap is almost complete. I ended up getting some HNBR o-rings from Harbor Freight to hold me over until I can find EPDM O-rings in the correct size. I am having a couple issues though.

Did anyone have an issue with the brake hardware rubbing on the outer edge of the rotor?

My rims ended up not clearing by a good amount. It got dark and I had to remove the caliper to put the car back on the ground. I just have a measurement from the rotor face to the inside of my wheel. Does anyone have a measurement from the rotor face to the outside of the caliper? I'll need to order some spacers but don't have access to the car at the moment. Thanks.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
Has anyone tried to fit these under a set of Starion wheels? I know the stock sawblades just graze the caliper so I'm hoping a set of Starion rears would fit.

Or if there's anybody around Montgomery, AL that has this setup that wouldn't mind letting me try my wheel?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
Booyah! Scored everything pictured for $475. And for what's basically a new Brembo 4 pot 13" kit, that's crazy!

IMG_1018.jpg

Last edited:

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Looks good ^

I finally picked up a different set of wheels so I have a set of calipers on the way that should be here Monday.

What pads and rotors have people been going with? Leaning towards slotted centrics. Not sure on pads R4-S's would be my top choice but not sure it's worth the $ for what the car will see. Stoptech and EBC are the only other performance brands that I have found that support this model.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
I went with Brembo pads (pictured above). Figured the calipers are Brembo, rotors are Brembo, might as well do Brembo pads are well. I haven't installed them yet, so I can't comment on noise, dust or performance.

Last edited:

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Can anyone measure the thickness of the rotor hat, ie space between the hub and wheel.

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
Am I the only one who is having issues with the caliper bolts? I'm trying to use Mercedes bolts 1234210271. The length and thread pitch is correct, but the base is too thick to fit through the knuckle. I'd hate to have to drill it out. Ideas?

D.J.T.

Authorized Seller
Am I the only one who is having issues with the caliper bolts? I'm trying to use Mercedes bolts 1234210271. The length and thread pitch is correct, but the base is too thick to fit through the knuckle. I'd hate to have to drill it out. Ideas?

Same. I wasted $20 for nothing when the bolts that came with the Mercedes Calipers work just fine.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
^
I work for a company that has a monstrous account with a huge vendor so pricing on everything is peanuts and my rep said it was cool to send my old Supra calipers in as cores. Sux that they don't have any stock on reman Rear Evo calipers, or I'd be all over them too.

I do love me some quality built remans. Definitely the way to go if you have the means.

Last edited:

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
^
I work for a company that has a monstrous account with a huge vendor so pricing on everything is peanuts and my rep said it was cool to send my old Supra calipers in as cores. Sux that they don't have any stock on reman Rear Evo calipers, or I'd be all over them too.

I do love me some quality built remans. Definitely the way to go if you have the means.

did they come already black?

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Has anyone found a source for the pad guide pins? All of the rebuild kits I have seen are just the seals and o-rings

Joe__G

Authorized Seller
Calipers came as pictured. All I did was apply the red vinyl stickers.
I tried stealing part numbers from your pictures but couldn't see all of them. Would you mind posting part numbers (if you have them) for what you have pictured?

If those part numbers have already been posted somewhere here, I apologize. I've been trying to keep up with this thread though and don't think I've seen them anywhere. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
I tried stealing part numbers from your pictures but couldn't see all of them. Would you mind posting part numbers (if you have them) for what you have pictured? If those part numbers have already been posted somewhere here, I apologize. I've been trying to keep up with this thread though and don't think I've seen them anywhere. Thanks!
Sheesh! I gotta do everything around here. :icon_roll

Rotors: OE# 164 421 13 12 / Brembo# 09.R104.11 (rotor vanes are non-directional)

Pads: Brembo# P50041N

Caliper:LEFT - OE# 001 420 82 83 WBR# 11-00861 / RIGHT - OE# 001 420 83 83 WBR# 11-00859

Centering Ring: 67.1mm to 60.1mm aluminum rings (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J...F8&qid=1483322658&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65)

Lines: PLENTY OF BRANDS TO CHOOSE FROM. ANY MK3 LINES WILL WORK.

Mounting Bolts: 124 421 05 71 Qty:4

WASHERS: 4 roughly 3MM thick M12 WASHERS. (Head bolt washers will work, but all are not created equal. Many vehicles use cheapo metal washers (like older Jettas). Others use M10 washers. I had some old E36 washers laying around that I drilled out to M12. Which was a PITA!)

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
I finally finished up the brakes. I wasn't going into the New Year with the brakes still apart. They look sweet! Once I can get someone to help me bleed them, then I can actually drive and see how different it feels.

I sanded, rebuilt and painted the rears until I find a deal on the Evo calipers. Considering they were rusted and ceased when I started this, I'm very happy with the end result.

Last edited:

slowma70

Authorized Seller
has anyone had issues with the heat and plastic hub rings?
im running hubcentric spacers and believe the hub rings will interfere with them or do they sit flush with the rotor?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
Took the Supra for a test drive after having a buddy help me bleed the brakes twice. Even after, the pedal went right to the floor once the engine turned on. I drove for a few miles. Was really hard to assess due to having such a soft pedal. The brakes appear to be working fine and not making any noise. Going to use a pressure bleeder tomorrow to get all of the air out of the system. Made this adapter for the master cylinder. Should work great. Just clamp it down and hook it up.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Do you have ABS?
One of my side projects is to make a handheld box to actuate the ABS system during brake bleeding.
Similar to the old factory SST worked.
The only other way to actuate the solenoids and pumps in the ABS unit would be to perform a hard stop somewhere on a loose surface.

You may have air trapped in the ABS system.

Have you had a chance to drive anywhere on the new brake setup?
I am guessing no since you are still bleeding out the air. :D

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
I've got a ground short from the ABS computer terminal T to the pump that I need to get sorted out, so the abs is not working. I drove the car for maybe 2 miles, but the pedal was dangerously soft and sometime had no pressure at all. I didn't go over 30mph. They made no noise, but couldn't really give them a fair assessment and sure as hell couldn't bed them in properly. I will tomorrow tho as long as the rain stays away.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Authorized Seller
I've got a ground short from the ABS computer terminal T to the pump that I need to get sorted out, so the abs is not working. I drove the car for maybe 2 miles, but the pedal was dangerously soft and sometime had no pressure at all. I didn't go over 30mph. They made no noise, but couldn't really give them a fair assessment and sure as hell couldn't bed them in properly. I will tomorrow tho as long as the rain stays away.
What setup are you in rear I had same problem cause the Evo calipers had two breeders on each calipers I didn't know this lol. Once I found out I bleed both and I've had no issues with a soft pedal

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Authorized Seller
pressure bleeding works the best. usually no more than about 10spi tho.

try and tilt the calipers with them unbolted so the bleeder is facing up. biggest problem with the calipers is they dont have dual bleeders like everything else so air can get trapped on the other side.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
Definite improvement after pressure bleeding the system, but my pedal is still very spongy. Like I only have brakes on the last 3" of travel. Must still have air trapped in there somehow. My guess is in the abs pump. Gotta get my abs wiring issue sorted out and then try pressure bleeding one last time.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Authorized Seller
possible to be stuck in the abs but it remains in the open position. you can crack each line loose with the bleeder on it and see if any air bubbles come out.

but i would still suggest removing the caliper and block the pistons and allow the caliper to try and free up any air. Also try and bleed the rears again also.