block prep: 7mge with 7mgte bits

JISupra88

Authorized Seller
Car is a 89 Turbo with spun bearing. 7mge is from a cressida and was running before pulled. Plan is to swap all the 7mgte parts onto the 7mge motor(apparently the NA and turbo engines are mostly the same). I want to get the motor back inside the car before the first week of October. So I have sort of a time crunch but do able.

NOTE: This engine is just to get the car back on the road and drive around here and there. Nothing wild.

My question is what i should do to engine/car while its out. Trying to come up with a list.

1. I am definitely degreasing/cleaning the engine as much as possible and probably paint.
2. I know I have to swap the front sump for the rear sump. Planning to reuse pan. ill probably send it out to get it cleaned.
3. Im thinking about dropping in some arp headstuds and a new headgasket but seems unnecessary since it was still running. Maybe just re-tighten the stock bolts down for now?
4. Does my turbo need to be sent out for cleaning/rebuild since it spun a bearing?
5. Oil cooler delete OR upgrade...

And thats all I got. Help me add to the list!

JISupra88

Authorized Seller
Mods maybe you could move this to the appropriate section. Just realized I should've posted this in the 7m technical section